Thread: Working problem in my 32 GB kingston pen drive

Working problem in my 32 GB kingston pen drive

I have a 32 GB pen drive with me .I can copy any kind of data and information.But there is a problem that when i copy a data from my pen drive to my PC then it shows multiple empty folder in the same folder also my audio and video file get corrupted and my software to gets corrupted.It also changes the name of my folder to "+-+-+-+".

Re: Working problem in my 32 GB kingston pen drive

I have to face the similar problem in my 8 BG pen drive.You difficulty which you are being experiencing is coming from the fact that it might have corrupted files in it or there might be viruses present in it.For fixing this problem you need to format your pen drive completely .This will solve your problem,But also keep one thing in mind that you will loose all the files from your pen drive .

I have work upon your solution and i have formatted my pen drive .But this formatting does not helped me at all .Still i am facing the same problem in my pen drive.What should i do the next for getting solved this problem.One new thing is happening now ,that when i copy some data into pen drive it shows that the data is being copied but when i unplug the pen drive and insert it into any other PC it shows that some data present and rest all data is being lossed

I to was facing the same problem .I worked upon this problem and i have finded the solution that your pen drive might be corrupted or it must be having viruses present in it.So you try out a good anti-virus for scanning your pen-drive because some time formatting does not remove virus and if you are not through with the problem then please check you device because your device might be corrupted and you take it to service center.

I think you need to format your pen drive from the command prompt.Go to the start----->Run----->cmd.Then in the command prompt type the following command---->FORMAT G:/FS:FAT32/Q/V: PenDrive.This will format your pen drive .You can replace the letter G with the actual drive letter of your Pen Drive.This will remove all your viruses .
    Last edited by need Tos; 15-09-2010 at 08:16 PM.