Thread: iPhone 4: Dropping calls when antennas are touched together

iPhone 4: Dropping calls when antennas are touched together

I would point out a problem with my iphone 4 , concerns the continuing drop in line with operator Tim. I'm from Palermo and the Tim I never had problems fall into line other UMTS phones. Already are the third Iphone apple they sent me from assistance, but the problem remains, ie, just start a call or receive (from any operator or fixed network) whenever antennas are touched together.

Re: iPhone 4: Dropping calls when antennas are touched together

I have a similar problem but I think after three different iPhone is not just the fault of iphone 3g but if you uncheck the Use in GSM and works well if you ever want to visit sites when you put it in 3g. Using the iPhone for a couple of months and are practically "forced" to use it in 2g mode for continuous dropped calls in the first days of use on 3G. But I live in the countryside and had the same problem with nokia.

But the problem should not exist, I live in a big city and the signal sim umts is always powerful, even with other phones. Now I'm trying with a card 3g wind mode, and then try with another number tim .. And see if the operator is a problem or a problem with the iPhone! I will keep you updated if you find a solution then please post it here

I think it is a problem Tim, I tried a vodafone card and 'the iphone that is not' a splinter as it works much better reception depends on the type of signal stations BTS tim, my iphone 3g when it loses signal takes a life before switching to 2g, in fact often I'm 'waiting to buy the 3G signal amplifier ubicell to put in my iPhone.

Well, I see that people who have my same problem growing up from tests made by me I came to a conclusion:

First Test: Wind tab

With this card 2G and 3G signal is very "dancer", but talk does not affect in any way, the signal does not fall. Only when going from 3G to 2G voice fades for a split second.

Second test: tim card (another number, not mine .., previous iphone 2 2)
    For the first day everything smooth, then I thought it was my card, until today has fallen x line twice!