Thread: Momentus Hybrid 500GB in a recent Macbook Pro

Momentus Hybrid 500GB in a recent Macbook Pro

I hesitate to make a config. MBP Pro and a hard disk 7200T Made in Apple "with a matte screen and HD. But finally, on economic worries, I took the standard config, and decided to put the famous hard drive from Seagate, the hybrid with 4GB SSD - the Momentus XT also 7200T / m. I put a 320GB version, and I'm blown away by its performance! At least the speed of execution of programs. Photoshop CS5 is very quick to open. and the start of Mac OS X. Anyone aware of the Momentus Hybrid 500GB in a recent Macbook Pro please guide me.

Re: Momentus Hybrid 500GB in a recent Macbook Pro

The Seagate Momentus XT is equipped with Adaptive Memory technology which allows it to offer a hybrid storage with higher capacities can reach 500 GB and performance worthy of an SSD. It is designed for all standard laptops and not dependent on any operating system, drivers or software, which facilitates its integration and use.

Some have noted a particularly high noise the hard drive, but for me it 's not the case. Perhaps due to the 320GB version. Against 500 other tests I test this soon with the game Battle Field Bad Company 2 on Windows 7 bootcamp. In conclusion I recommend this disc, both economically and with good performance in line with current tests on the internet and user feedback.

It's not instant either, because this is not a DSS. What is quick is when the application on the desktop. Going to start very quickly. its going, its not too crawls, not a snapshot but I'd like to speed up startup a little while its (1min currently on a DD 5400 rpm). DC apparently his boot in 20 seconds is nice, I think we use also feels the speed of 7200 RPM is not it. Yes the 7200T / m are always more fun and more efficient to copy, and heavy tasks.

After all the tests and reviews I read I like this disc more and more! I imagine that the gain would be quite important from a 5400RPM. For cons, I fear that vibrations may occur, or that the noise is too annoying (I find already very disturbing noise from my current SD), even if you say do not be embarrassed, as it is too subjective opinion.

I am giving my opinion because I'm really too happy with this disc, has the use is really a pleasure, it is day and night, cranking speed is really a treat. Regarding noise and vibration, on the old macbook and pro but I know plus on unibody macbook pro and the location of the disk is between rubber pads and if, as stated in the manual provided by your apple macbook, if you adhere to assembly, vibration and noise are not worse than the previous one.