Thread: Hotsync Outlook Calendar Error "Cannot be converted for use in handheld" Solution

Hotsync Outlook Calendar Error "Cannot be converted for use in handheld" Solution

May be before month ago i have got an error while synchronizing my Palm Centro with my pc's Microsoft Outlook. This pc has 64 bit Windows 7 installed on it and Outlook is installed in the 32-bit XP Virtual Machine. After hotsynchronizing i have got some kind of error like "Please divide the appointment up into single-days and re-synchronize." There is no problem but i guess it shows the birthdays in the contact list. It is very much annoying to have such a huge list all the time after hotsync.

Re: Hotsync Outlook Calendar Error "Cannot be converted for use in handheld" Solution

I think that this hitch appears each time there is a inconsistency stuck between the computer clock and the Palm clock. I have jumped to a original time zone. Whereas my PC clock altered time zones, the clock in the copy of XP inside the virtual machine did not change times. Therefore, when Hotsyncing, there was a one-hour difference between the Palm and the PC. This lead to the error message.

Re: Hotsync Outlook Calendar Error "Cannot be converted for use in handheld" Solution

I have seen some posts where this kind of problem appears whenever the new Daylight Savings change date occurred. Further particularly, this mistake appears for all calendar entries which goes upto midnight. For instance, all the anniversary entries look like starting at 11PM and go for one hour (as shown in the Hotsync log), yet nevertheless there is no time in the calendar. I think the difference creates problem between Outlook and the Palm since the entry crosses into the next day.

I have found out how to resolve this error which gives you the single entry at a time.
    1) Remove all the entries which has an error. Be definite to note down anywhere so you can insert it back afterward.
    2) Hotsync. You must get an error messages since the entries are still there in an Outlook.
    3) Reenter each of those entries but make sure that you entering them precisely, or else the errors will not get solved.
    4) Hotsync again. I guess your problem have got solved now.