Thread: iphone FPC connector

iphone FPC connector

I have an iPhone 3G and was having an issue with the LCD display. The iPhone just fallen down from my hand and then I was having the LCD display problem. So, I brought the new LCD FPC connector to get connect with my iPhone but I have no idea about how to connect the FPC connector to the iPhone. So, I need a proper guidance to solve my problem.

Re: iphone FPC connector

As you have broken the FPC connector of the iPhone then its sure you have to have the new FPC connector. But when you will open the surface the you will find that the connector is connected to the surface is very small and that to the soldering is require to connect it. The soldering of the iPhone is the curcial task of the mobile phone. This may also permanent spoil your iPhone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you are having the problem with the display screen problem then the fixing of the new FPC connector will help you out. But make sure that you are having the soldering experience. As the soldering is required for the FPC connector to connect it from the LCD screen of the iPhone. If you are not able to do it properly the just take your iPhone to the mobile repair they will fix the connector in the proper manner.

You have problem with the LCD screen FPC connector. It seems that you have broken the connector 3 in which the FPC connector is to be fix. In order to replace with the new on you have to first remove the broken FPC connector by unsoldering it and then solder the new connector on it and then properly fix it on it and then just restart your iPhone. You must take care that the surface where the FPC connector is to be fix is very smooth and sensitive, so you take proper care that the connector is placed in slowly and in the careful manner with the help of well equipment.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 15-09-2010 at 05:44 AM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

As you want to connect the FPC connector on your iPhone but it is the risky part which is to be done by the professional soldering person. You can use the soldering iron and solder one of the pad before replacing the new connector. You carefully replace the new FPC connector on its original position on the board. The soldering should be done by line by line in the one hand on the board. Then solder the rest of the pin one by one and ensure that during soldering you do not damage the bridge of the board.

If you are looking for the FPC connector to connect the LCD screen to your iPhone then the wired pin of the older FPC connector is removed from the solder. Make the note that if you are having the solder skill the only get the work done. Then ypu have to fix the pin of the connector in the same proper manner as it was before and the properly cover it and after sometime you should start your phone. After don’t directly start your phone let the solder be cool down.

The FPC connector for the iPhone can be replace by the new one only unsoldering the old connector for which you require well experience of soldering and if you don’t have much experience then follow this steps which will help you out. First try to remove the connector safely as you can use the needle like tool to remove it in the fine manner. After that just clean the area with the alcohol and swap it with the cotton cloth. Then just solder the new connector to it and make sure that the soldering is done one by one of the across adjacent pin and then just clean it with the alcohol and at last reconstruct your phone. I hope that this should work fine if you have done it in the proper manner.