Thread: Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs

Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs

That's impressive I had not measured. I maintain my TX at 416MHz at the entire times, excluding when by means of CorePlayer (works at 520MHz). I determine to run some tests, at the TX's innovative 312MHz. Additional than if it was over clocking, why would a soft reset clear the tribulations. I encompass not noticed that tribulations; other than I do not utilize MP3's. For the reason that pTunes does not hold up or maintain WMA Lossless or FLAC, I play frequently WAV's on pTunes.

Re: Testing pTunes 5.0.1 (again), found some glitches, are they known bugs

The Pocket Tunes is the simple to utilize characteristic rich music player for smartphones and PDAs. Try it today to locate out why hundreds of thousands of customers feel affection for it. The innovative in 5.0. mechanically download your preferred podcasts and browse/search a growing catalog of in excess of 1,000 the majority popular podcasts. The innovative in 5.0. Sync your iTunes playlists by means of your Palm OS smartphone or PDA.1NEW IN 5.0.

I do not be familiar with why a soft reset would clear the tribulations. If it were caused by over clocking, I would anticipate the tribulations to be constant. Then the entire in excess of again, perhaps it's not so much an imperfection in pTunes, other than a flaw in the TX processor and memory management. I determine to be interested in significant if turning off over clocking resolves the problem. I encompass my doubts it determines to, other than if it does, I imagine they determine to have a dissimilar mystery on our hands.

I ran a small number of additional tests nowadays. Might not do additional, what by means of work getting in the method and the entire anyway, over clocking is absolutely not an problem here. I put out of action Warpspeed and tested by means of the TX working with at its defaulting 312MHz. The tribulations still come into view. I am almost certain it's a dbcache thing, plus there might be something regarding how some of my MP3s are ripped. I encompass Off Flush to flush dbcache when power button is pressed other than merely if the dbcache is under 40%. So, I ran accumulation intensive apps (CorePlayer, Blazer, games, etc). Then I launched pTunes.

The tribulations appeared the entire in excess of again songs playing at a higher playing field than they be supposed to. I paused playback, then I pressed power button, and Off Flush kicked in (meaning accumulation was under 40%). Subsequent to that, the TX powered off. I twisted it on, resumed playback, and at present the songs play at standard pitch. What I have not completed yet is make sure the dbcache levels at which the pitch changes. I imagine it's somewhere approximately 500KB to 800KB, and positively it is under 1MB, additional than I determine to have to make sure additional. I have no idea what's dissimilar on my MP3s, why on some the pitch changes and not on additional. I might rip some the entire in excess of again, observe if you be able to locate a pattern.

Approximately each Palm OS 5 apparatus is able to play a variety of audio files. My Treo 600 is no exception. Other than it lacks a media player. A basic version or description of NormSoft’s PocketTunes ships by means of the entire innovative handhelds let’s look at how the Deluxe description fares. PocketTunes most important screen is able to be customized by means of a variety of skins. In view of the fact that I am half blind and in view of the fact that my Treo has a Lores screen, I instantaneously switched back to the well-done defaulting theme.

If you are generating and managing playlists is extremely simple. On the other hand, PocketTunes annoys by means of a long and sluggish search I always cancel that and choose the files myself from the file system PocketTunes Deluxe has a funky characteristic called CrossFade. This makes the most recent seconds of the presently playing sound overlap by means of the first seconds of the next at the cost of up to one meg sof RAM.