Thread: Nokia 6301 wifi and UMA problem

Nokia 6301 wifi and UMA problem

I am not certain if a 6301 add up as a Smartphone but an important person has capacity to be able to assist with this problem.I have purchased it on eBay as there is no sign at home and Orange UK bear UMA by means of this earpiece. Unluckily, it has been a swine to get to attach to wifi. More often than not, it will attach once I take away and reinsert the battery. After that it is fine waiting I go out of wifi variety, when it misplace the link and will not reconnect - if not I do the battery trick. I have not been able to get it to attach to a hidden network at all. I have completed a firmware update no improved. I did not disburse a lot and the seller has merely offered sympathy so far. Has anybody some thoughts? I suppose it must be out of order, it cannot be typical of the replica or it would have had shed loads of bad press.

Re: Nokia 6301 wifi and UMA problem

Did you arrange the Wi-Fi surroundings to examine in each 10min intended for recognized Wi-Fi right of entry points? Meant for one cause or one more, that by no means seems to use up the series, and does permit for the switching to Wi-Fi or cellular right of entry points devoid of you substantiate no matter which. In favor of concealed APs, you would require to very soon make sure to put in them keen on your AP catalog so that they are originated on AP look for.

I am not able to find this situation. I have it position to "mechanically connect" and for "wifi chosen". I have not established a "scan" setting. Usually I attempt to attach physically and it sits for at the same time as saying frustrating to connect' and finally times out. In information from time to time it does not still time out, just sits present for 10 minutes or additional waiting I get uninterested and cancel.

I have completed that, outlandishly sufficient, this daybreak when I let know it to appear for hidden networks, packed in the SSID, as I usually do. Typically it discovers the network, inquired for the code word and fails to attach - this morning it achieve something. I almost fell of my chair. I still administered to reconnect after receiving back from on foot the trouble. I have not distorted anything, so I do not be familiar with what was dissimilar. I am at present came crossways at a BNIB 6301 on eBay, and I strength channel this one and see if I can succeed that one for a sensible price.

Later than a variety of trials, I have exposed that this earpiece likes to be missing to work belongings out for itself. if I attempt to inform it to attach to a network. If I go away it, it will attach in its possess time. Now I have it put to make use of 3 networks, one I make use of week days and two I make use of at house at weekends. It switches flanked by them and normal 2G mechanically. So far I have made or conventional very a small number of calls. The UMA ability is mostly for infrequent use, as I do not use my mobile for calls a huge deal. It's now that, as of time to time, I actually need to be able to be given calls at home, where the merely signal is outside or, maybe, upstairs, if I am lucky.

It appears that, in spite of first eagerness from the push a year or two ago, UMA is not receiving much notice from earpiece maker. Nokia appear to have given up and only Blackberry models appear to be completed for UMA use by Orange in the UK. That seems to be a shame to me still in good indication areas, it can often be a difficulty to get a indication indoors, so network supplier are not there out on those 'indoor minutes' awaiting they can find a method of resolving the subject. As wifi is extensively obtainable, UMA observe to me to be a perfect solution. I speculate why it has not established more favor? Anyhow, that's a different thread.

Here I am agreeing with this. Actually whatever you have told this about UMA then /I have searched a lot regarding this issue then I found the same answer and also I have did as you said and finally I am very happy because my problem got solved. Before this I have google regarding this but not able to get perfect answer which can resolve my issue. But thanks to you, you are really my hero my problem got fixed.