Thread: Sony Clie TH55 reset loop

Sony Clie TH55 reset loop

I am using one Sony Clie PDA from three month. I made some mistake with it when it was doing one process hot Sync. It hung on HotSync and I make canceled the process. It again hung up on the cancel process. I pressed the soft reset button and it was in reset loop. Then I tried a hard press of rest button, I used both erase data and did not erase data options but it is still got back to reset loop. The message displaying is “Emul68KMain.c,Line403,illegal instruction 4500 at address 009AD8FC” then further” you may need to reset”. Is anybody has any idea about this problem?

Re: Sony Clie TH55 reset loop

I am not completely known with Clie's PDA but other Palm OS devices at times react to a warm reset -- similar as a soft reset, but grasp up the 'UP' button until the logo is shown. If that help, you will still require doing a soft reset at several point, but that can wait a small piece, until you are clever to delete the wrong file/setting. Attempt an internet search for the message, to attempt and discover what it really means to (something simple like a dishonest Unsaved Preferences file will be genuine nice.....). Good luck, let us also know what occur, ok?

Thanks for all the above suggestion and but I am also poor about this PDA device like you are. Actually that time I was little bit confused also. I tried that nearest thing what u suggests here but it did not help me a lot. When I was in end with my process I did nothing with it. I left it until the power become empty. And when I was able to start it as usual after patter to familiarize the stylus, setting the location etc. it help me out

I purchased the TH55 because I wanted a PDA with a pleasant, big screen, huge battery life, humble multimedia functionality, and wireless networking ability. With that supposed, the TH55 has surpass my prospect. The battery life is more than and beyond what I was excepting, particularly allowing for it is an OS5, multimedia-capable, ARM-powered handheld with a large screen. The TH55 has solved my wants wonderfully, but I appreciate that it may not outfit the needs of all users. The slower processor and minimalist button arrangement will be a major turnoff for some users. Also, a little people may not discover the jog dial and direction-finding button setup as ergonomically sociable as I have. The TH55 offer an outstanding balance of features for its price.

I am not completely familiar with Clie's but other Palm OS PDA sometimes react to a warm reset -- similar as a soft reset, but grasp up the 'UP' button until the logo is showed. If that works, you will still require doing a soft reset at several points, but that can wait a bit, until you are clever to delete the offending file/setting. Try an internet search for the message, to struggle and search what it actually translates to (something simple like a dishonest Unsaved Preferences file will be actual nice.....). Good luck, let us know what happens, ok?

On the 2700 series modes if you press and grasp up the hard buttons for the calendar and the launcher (two outer buttons). While holding these downward, press and grasp the reset button along with the stylus. Once the picture starts to lighten, let go the two hard buttons after that the reset button.Hardware looks very alike if not the same. That should work. If not seem up the user manual at the cileipaq web site. Also, there is a one “Help" program below start->Programs->help. It has a "How do I.." slice which has this and other essentials listed.