Thread: Froyo/2.2 Kills AAC files as ringtones?

Froyo/2.2 Kills AAC files as ringtones?

I have just upgraded my Android to 2.2 and i have found that my phone does not supports for .AAC files from my memory card when i am trying to use it as a ringtone. Actually it makes that file corrupted or not supported, so they are there but cannot play. Is it like that in a newer version this file format is not supported by froyo?

Re: Froyo/2.2 Kills AAC files as ringtones?

It might happen that your phone did not got proper updates about the new version of the froyo, Or it might happen that some file have got missed while upgrading your phone. I suggest you to reinstall the same version of an Android and then you must check it once again. I suggest you to check about the file as well as there could be a problem with the file as well.

The problem seems to be with an AAC file which you are trying to play as ringtone from your phone. I suggest you to make another copy of the same file on your phone memory and then set it as a ringtone. Now you may check playing the same. I guess the problem must have gone now.

I suggest you to download the new file from an internet with the file format of an AAC and then transfer it to your android phone and then check that it can play it or not. Suppose that file gets played then there is nothing wrong with your android operating system. May be the file has something do with it. Or you may be trying to set the ring from an external memory due to which these kind of problem persists.

I suggest you to try convert that file into some other format and then try to use it but make sure that the converted file is supported by an Android phone. If there would be any problem with the file itself then the converted file should also be having similar or some other problem. But i feel that the converted file should work as a ringtone, It would be better if you convert it into MP3.