Thread: Connect HTC Desire to home WiFi

Connect HTC Desire to home WiFi

At this moment, I am using HTC Desire, now I want to connect my phone to Wifi. One of my friend use Wifi router and we tried to connect the phone but however I was not able to connect it to Wifi. Can some one tell me how to connect my phone to Wifi? I am sure that this time I am not asking anything that is impossible. I have heard many of them doing this with other mobiles, can it be done with this one too, please suggest. Thanks.

Re: Connect HTC Desire to home WiFi

Here with the same sort of problem with the HTC mobile of mine. Though I am quite happy with the performance of my mobile. The only thing that is troubling me with this mobile has fetched me to come here. I have tried really hard to connect my phone to the internet via the WiFi router that I have at my home. I have read the manual hundreds of time and I do not know why can't I get with this. The wireless access point is enabled in my router. Please tell me, where am I going wrong while doing this.

Ajabu, it will be better if you can please tell us all here about the Wi-Fi router that you are using to connect the mobile to. Also do check the security settings. See that the security is not much high. The problem may also be because of that. Can you please describe the scenario that you experience when you try to connect the mobile to the router. We all here are sure that we can get you out of this situation, and we will do our best in doing that.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Yes I should have mentioned all this in the first post itself. Well here you go, the router that I have is Netgear DG834G. The security settings are at medium level and I think that this should not cause much problem. Now the scenario: Whenever I go for the Wi-Fi settings on the mobile, I can see the router in the list. The problem is when I tap on this, then on the Connect button, nothing seems to take place, and it still shows Disconnected beneath the Wi-Fi label. I think this time I have explained the scenario well. I am waiting for the solution to pop up.

Well I have not used this(Netgear DG834G) router, and hence can not put a comment on this stuff. Well I have tried connecting, my mobile to the router wirelessly so I think that I can be of some business to you. I was having Nexus One, and I managed to connect it to the Wi-Fi routers of mine. All in this thing IO had to do was type in the passkey once. Try looking for another access point, if yet the phone does not connect then I guess that the mobile is somewhat defective.

Yes, it should be a simple thing to do. I have even tried connecting my WM TP2, to the D-Link router, that I possess. At the start it however took some time and had to make some adjustments so that it can work. In order to take it place in just one take everything should be placed in proper order. After all the adjustments, it took about 10 seconds and after that it just gets connected automatically. Please check the router settings and make sure that it is not blocking other devices. It really should be quite easy.