Thread: Nexus One as USB host device

Nexus One as USB host device

I patched the usb driver of one nexus enabling management of USB devices. Thus, it is quite possible to connect various USB devices including a USB key, keyboard, mouse, webcam and more.To move in this direction, I added support of USB host mode. This mode simply allows the system to manage the USB devices that are connected. So i want to access Nexus One as USB host device. Please help.

Re: Nexus One as USB host device

You need to install the driver for the Nexus One, which is included in the SDK, the coup leadership official site to get the SDK for Windows (android-sdk_r06-windows.zip). Uncompress the archive somewhere. Then head for the Device Manager windows: the desktop, right click "computer" -> manage -> Device Manager. There you should have something that resembles your Nexus One (like "Nexus One" or "Android Phone" I know more). Double click it -> tab "Driver" -> Update Driver.

You can use this program to add C: \ Program Files \ android-sdk-windows \ tools \ clicking on the little + green and browsing to the road in question, then OK, Apply, and it good. It is not used directly for what we want to do, but it enables you to have direct access to commands like "adb" from the command line. Then you can install the USB webcam on your computer and run it (usbwebcam in the start menu). It should open your command prompt and tell you that ADB will start or I do not quite know what, do not worry about this window and launch Skype.

Skype should find that you have a webcam installed and you propose to test it, if tools menu -> options -> Video. There you should have a black image or green or pink. But if you launch the program USB Webcam (available on the market) on your Nexus and one that you wait a few seconds ... Magic! The same image appears on the screen in Nexus and Skype! Finally, in any case, for me it happened like that.

The Nexus One could then become a smartphone Wi-Fi with the integration and updating of the next iteration of Android version 2.2.The Google phone that embeds Android should very soon be able to issue a connection Wi-Fi fully exploiting the latest standard of the genre, namely 802.11n. The information seems to be confirmed following information from Google and Broadcom that come to update the drivers for the smart management of Wi-Fi Broadcom (BCM4329EKUBG) board.

Multipoint technology that lets you control the smartphone more easily through recognition of multiple points of contact in the context of its use touch. A function that is constrained on the Nexus One American as Apple has the patents on the United States. And while one might expect that the European version of the terminal allows the multicast, it will all end there.