Thread: Nokia E72 Dual Mode not working

Nokia E72 Dual Mode not working

I am using the Nokia E72 mobile phone for a long time and now today i installed a third party GPS application for maps. since then the mobile reboots every now and then and the network signal has also become very weak. i am unable to make calls and send SMS from my phone, some people advised me that it is a problem of the Dual Mode. Now so what should i do i order to over come this issue please reply with a solution.

Re: Nokia E72 Dual Mode not working

If there is a problem with the Dual mode in the phone then you can go for the dual mode setting as GSM. You have to disable the dual mode and set it to GSM by following steps;
    • Go to the Phone Settings
    • Select Networks
    • Then set the Dual Mode to GSM

These will make your phone GSM and you will be able to send and receive the message and also you can make calls from your phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am now able to make calls, send messages, receive messages from my phone this all was possible by your solution but there is a issue left in the phone. I am still not able to disable the Dual Mode, i want to use the dual mode as effectively as it was earlier. So, now for that provide me an answer, any suggestion will be appreciated by me.

If you are not able to disable the dual mode then there is no big issue, there is a alternative to that just Master reset the phone. You can make it new by doing a soft reset by dialing *#7370# and also format the Memory card. Before doing that store all your useful data in the file by using the Nokia PC Suite, these will definitely resolves your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you are in a remote area then there may be a problem of poor reception of the network. The phone will switch from the 3G to the GSM mod every now and then, so to overcome this issue you have format your phone by going into the Phone settings. Then select the factory restore settings and type the code as *#77880# to format the phone followed by the security code as 12345 which is default for every nokia phone.

If your Nokia E72 phone is not working properly after the reset also then you have to replace the phone. If your phone is in the warranty period then you can go for the replacement in the nearest nokia care center for that, you can also repair it there at a minimum cost. These will the best option for you to overcome the dual mode problem in your nokia phone.