Thread: Nokia E5 - Mail for exchange

Nokia E5 - Mail for exchange

I am using google services for a long period of time , now i have set up my email account which gmail for exchange access. The initial synchronization service provided by the phone is quite good but after that the phone starts disconnecting and the new emails are not coming in time and in proper format. i manually tried to synchronize the process every time but was not able to do so. Please provide me with the solution so that i can overcome these issue of email exchange.

Re: Nokia E5 - Mail for exchange

These problem be easily solved by you, for that you have to go to the synchronization section from the main menu of the phone. Then select the "When to sync" settings and then change them according to your requirements. These is the best method available to import the mails from the email service provider such as the gmail.

If you want to synchronize the mail exchange in the Nokia E5 mobile then you have just follow the following steps;
    • Go to Menu
    • Then select the Email
    • Click on the Settings
    • Select Mail
    • After that click on "When to sync"

Finally select the appropriate option to synchronize the email, this will resolve your problem of the Mail Exchange.
    Last edited by Simond; 14-09-2010 at 04:47 PM.

I have tried all the steps that where provided by you above but not got the synchronization done properly, after that i tried up setting the gmail as MfE but once completed the configuration said that there was a IMAP folder that i can see, the Calender was not Sync and i was not able to send or receive the emails. Please provide me with the solution so that i can synchronize it properly with the EMail Exchange service.

As you stated that you are able to synchronize the Nokia E5 mobile phone with the above steps then thee us a problem in the Phone itself. To resolve that you have to go to the Nokia care center and if your phone is in the warranty period then you can ask for the replacement, this is the ultimate solution to your query about the Mail Exchange.

Good day all. As this appears to be the only Forum addressing a problem I have with my new Nokia E5, I ask for your help please.

In Mail for Exchange, I am trying to synch with our in house server, and get an error message "Your account does not have permission to synchronise with current settings. Contact your administrator" - and that is the problem since I run the org and our techie was alongside me yesterday trying to resolve this - and we are stumped.

The server runs Msoft Small Business Server 2003 with all the updates and so on. Our Outlook mail sits on this server and all other remote access and synch-ing works fine. It is not POP3.

Any advice and guidance would be VERY welcome.

Many thanks

Hi Me_in_Herts,
    Can you please check your IIS logs to see what your PPC is accessing and then check the permissions on that location. You may also need to make sure that the authentication methods you have activated in IIS coincide with what the PPC supports. You can also check on how to configure OMA in Exchange 2003 from here.

Many thanks Einstein_007 for this very helpful reply.

As it is a tad past my level of ICT competence, I am enlisting the help of our charity techie. If I may, I shall come back to ask for more help if necessary.

Very best wishes