Thread: E5 - setting internet connection order

E5 - setting internet connection order

My elder brother gifted me the new Nokia E5 and having the WLAN setup done properly and also done the confirmation of the mobile internet is on from the operator. When I select the WLAN the it searches for the existing WLAN and also gives a message that it which one is to be selected .On my mobile some of the application like the facebook has to given which wireless network has to be choosen. I want to know that is there any global setting so that the application use only the selected or available network or not found any network then again get to the mobile internet.

Re: E5 - setting internet connection order

If you are having the internet connection problem then you should check out the access point is provided to you is not given properly or not. You have to get to know the wireless interconnection you are searching for is given you the authentication to access the internet or not because most the wireless LAN detect your mobile but not given the rights to access the internet. So you just need to check the internet connection properly.

In order to get the access with the WLAN you have to create the connection in the proper manner. The first step is to select the Menu then settings and then select the Connectivity and select the option Wireless LAN. If you will find the Wireless LAN then from the option start the web browser. If you have set the password the before opening the web browser it will as to put the password to start the browser.

In your nokia mobile you have to go to the menu and in the settings you will be having the connectivity through which you have to select the WLAN option. But before selecting that option you have to see that the access point of the internet through which you are getting this internet connection is in the working for or not. After selecting the WLAN wizard just from the option select the starting of the web browser and when you want to end up the internet connection then just from the option select the disconnect and exit from that wizard.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

If you want to access the internet via mobile then at first you must confirm the working of the GPRS configuration from your service provider. You can also go for the Bluetooth internet and connect to your computer. You have to enable Bluetooth on your phone then open the Bluetooth setup assistant in your laptop then press continue then select the mobile phone and then go for continue . Then your computer will get all the information from the phone. Then setup your network of the computer and now you can access your internet on the computer also.

If you are trying to set the internet connection with your Nokia E5 to your computer then you should at first have the internet connection done on your computer then have the Symbian handset with the GnuBox which is the tool which have free and open source to connect your handset with your computer. It can be the use of mRouter which will work from your computer side which will also save lot of time as it is the simple way of internet connection.

If you want to have the edge internet connection on your mobile and work it on your laptop then you need to follow the steps at first you have to install the CD of the Vodafone Mobile Connection EDGE data card software on your laptop then place the SIM in the module provided by the Edge data card if possible you are having the sim slot in your laptop the just replace it over there. Here you have all then just go for the browser and start your internet surfing.

hi!
    I just bought a New Nokia E5, and all the functions are working superbly
    the only problem im facing is unable to connect to WLAN in my home

W-LAN SETTINGS:
    MODEM: UTStarcom WA3002G4
    WLAN NAME: sivashome
    MODE: WEP
    ENCRYPTION: 64 bit

E5 ACCESS POINT SETTINGS:
    Connection name: sivashome
    Data bearer: Wireless LAN
    WLAN network Name: sivashome
    Network status: Public
    WLAN Network Mode: Infrastructure
    WLAN Security Mode: WEP
    WLAN SECURITY SETTINGS:
    WEP KEY IN USE: #1
    AUTHENTICATION TYPE: Open
    WEP KEY SETTINGS:
    WEP ENCRYPTION: WEP
    WEP KEY FORMAT: HEXADECIMAL
    WEP KEY: ##########

please tell me what is wrong with my settings, which dispays me an errror while connecting:
    WLAN: UNABLE TO CONNECT.
    WLAN NETWORK NOT FOUND
    WEB:UNABLE TO PERFORM OPERATION

plz help me out with this........

I will advise you to go with the SmartConnect which is a nice application that is used for connecting the phone auto9matically to the Wireless network. To access the same you have to get into the Menu > Control Panel > Connectivity > SmartConnect. If you are not getting the application then you can check out the OVI store and download the same. SmartConnect is a connection manager that automatically connects Nokia SmartPhones to wireless networks. Users pre-define their network preferences so that their device switches to Wi-Fi networks and back to a 3G / 2G network if Wi-Fi coverage is lost. This process is automatic and transparent enhancing application performance and reducing communications costs. To know more about the same visit the this.