Thread: First DSLR: Canon T2i or Nikon d5000 plus advice on "kits"

First DSLR: Canon T2i or Nikon d5000 plus advice on "kits"

Cannon G6 is the camera that I am currently possessing. I did not had any problem while I was dealing with this. I am actually not a serious photographer and not so serious about the photographs. Now I want a DSLR, for me. After doing much research on the cameras I came across, two cameras viz. Canon Rebel T2i or the Nikon d5000. Of the two I think Nikon seems to be the better one to deal with. Can't really tell which of the two cameras is better. The Nikon is highly rated and comes close to the more expensive D90. The Canon has more megapixels but I have heard that if there are more megapixels then there are going to be more flaws in the lenses. Please come out with suggestions on these cameras guys. Which one should I buy?

Re: First DSLR: Canon T2i or Nikon d5000 plus advice on "kits"

In my opinion I would suggest you to go for, Cannon T2i. Though both Cannon and Nikon both are excellent, but I would go for the Cannon one. I am suggesting this because you were already having the same before. Actually the Cannon camera is a new camera and is having a better movie mode. In JPEG mode the Cannon can take sharper pictures as it has higher resolution i.e. it is rich on pixels. That is why I think that you all should go for this Cannon one.

It is not like that if you were using Cannon then you should go with the Cannon again. It is after all what is best available in the market at this very moment. Though what Simond said is not wrong each and every thing said is correct. If you want to hear something good for the Nikon, then Nikon DSLR's have warmer colors than Canon DSLR's. Some of the people find this thing very significant. Also, there is an articulated LCD that D5000 has and which is lacked by T2i. If you find these features good for yourself then it is advisable to go with D5000.

Quote Originally Posted by Simond View Post
    In my opinion I would suggest you to go for, Cannon T2i. Though both Cannon and Nikon both are excellent, but I would go for the Cannon one. I am suggesting this because you were already having the same before. Actually the Cannon camera is a new camera and is having a better movie mode. In JPEG mode the Cannon can take sharper pictures as it has higher resolution i.e. it is rich on pixels. That is why I think that you all should go for this Cannon one.
    Happy to get the responses guys. From the post given by Simond I think I should go for this Cannon one. So, I am going finally with the Canon T2i Rebel. Now I wanted to ask about the telephoto lens. Can you all tell me what telephoto lens should I be using? Also I am not at all concerned about the movie mode. For this I have a camcorder which has much better functionality. Please tell me about the lens now.