Thread: PC won't recognise my Kodak C613

PC won't recognise my Kodak C613

I had in recent times prearranged a Kodak C613 by a friend who had upgraded. I exhausted the recent past taking pictures by means of it, and required to put them on my PC today, other than regrettably my PC immediately would not even acknowledge the camera. I tried installing it, and I got a communication saying that the camera was ready to utilize, other than it's tranquil not recognizing it. And, immediately so you are familiar with, the camera's batteries are charged, and it is associated to the PC by means of a working USB cable. There's immediately no sign of it. Nothing occurs when I plug it in and it does not come into view in 'Computer'.

Re: PC won't recognise my Kodak C613

If the system does not be familiar with that the camera is associated it might be several of the subsequent: bad cable, battery for the camera is too low, bad USB port on the system, the driver for the camera is inaccurate or out of date, etc. If Windows is not even be familiar with it, and then you necessitate to diagnose it there, not surrounded by Picasa. Another alternative you might believe is to take out the memory card and insert it unswervingly into a card reader in your PC (assuming you encompass one that matches). Optimistically together Windows and Picasa determine to recognize it then.

I have encompassed and originate Kodak camera in device manager in USB devices, eliminated driver. Disconnected and associated camera, innovative device was recognized and at present I be able to download photos using Windows. The Picasa import locates photos, demonstrate preview, other than reports error in import afterwards moreover source is not available or destination full or write prevented. Maybe some Picasa error for the reason that Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows do not report tribulations and import photos extremely well. The similar error is reported on multiple PCs by means of Picasa.

I went from side to side the entire the online troubleshooting techniques, in conclusion eliminating my Kodak Easyshare software. My PC does not be familiar with the camera when I plug it in. Do I encompass to turn on the camera previous to plugging it in. Subsequent to plugging it in. The entire I desire to do is put pics on my hard drive without using Kodak's bulky, sluggish software. I would have a preference not to utilize Picasa, in fact, immediately Windows.

There might be a number of sort of permissions tribulations by means of the import objective. You might try this you have to generate a innovative folder on your c: drive out at the top level and call it "My Photos" or impressive similar to that. In Picasa, do a Tools -> "Options" menu alternative. Then you have to set the "Save imported pictures in:" folder to c:\"My Photos" you immediately created.

If the above not work for you than you at present try an import operation. If it completes effectively, you almost certainly encompass a permissions problem on your original location. You be able to moreover immediately utilize the innovative import area, or you be able to try to figure out what's wrong by the previous area. You might desire to create certain you are indeed the owner of the original import area and that you encompass permissions to generate innovative folders and photos in that area.

There are problems sometimes by means of Picasa / Kodak. The most excellent method to download your photo's is to position your card into the card slot if you encompass one on your PC, otherwise purchase a card reader that determine to plug into a USB port on your System. A word of warning concerning downloading via Picasa, do not alternative for the automatic eliminate / format facility as it determine to wipe your card not considering of whether the download has been successful. Until the end of time make sure that the download has been effectively completed. Previous to deleting anything from your card and create regular backups of your photo's to disc in case of a PC tribulations that might erase the entire the photo's.