Thread: Olympus Tough 8010 or Panasonic DMC-TS2?

Olympus Tough 8010 or Panasonic DMC-TS2?

Desperately in need of your suggestions guys. I actually need a camera, which should be waterproof, so that it can come to my business. I went in search for the cameras and I found these two cameras. I am not getting which one should be the one that I should make a choice of. At first I was of the opinion og going with the Olympus Tough 8010, but after reading various tests on the net I found that even going with the Panasonic DMC-TS2 would be the best option. Now I am bit confused, please help and suggest.

Re: Olympus Tough 8010 or Panasonic DMC-TS2?

Have you all ever happened to visit Central America? Well not then, I am going to a make a visit soon. Actually when I will be visiting the place it is going to be wet there. Also when I will be there I will be spending a lot of time in water as well. So I am think on which camera should be it, well should it be Olympus Tough 8010 or Panasonic DMC-TS2. At this moment I do not have any review on these stuffs at this moment. Can you all here please put a glimpse on this situation and suggest me the better one. I am also sure that they both are almost same, but there will be something at least on which they all will be differing. Does anyone have a good reason to buy one over the other?

He, guys I also planning for the vacation on the sea-side as well and I am here to take some advice on the same thing. I do not know how but luckily, we all three have narrowed on these two cameras viz. Olympus Tough 8010 or Panasonic DMC-TS2. Well I have pretty some information on the Panasonic TS2, but I have tried hard on searching the information regarding Olympus Tough 8010, but could not find any. Olympus has already made a considerable up gradation with the Panorama thing. Even the optical zoom in it is better. I wish I could have much more information on these both cameras so that I can make my decision more firmly.

Talking about Olympus Tough 8010 and Panasonic DMC-TS2, I would tell that when Panasonic DMC-TS2 was reviewed it was found to be good with solid camera, but little heavy on the pocket. Now talking about the Olympus Tough 8010, it is really excellent, but its shot-to-shot speed is very slow. I would suggest you to go for the waterproof Canon Power-shot D10. It has however got consistently good reviews. If you want a least expensive camera then you can go for, Fuji XP10.

I would suggest you to go for Olympus Tough 8010, The reason for this suggestion is that it is around 20 percent smaller, then Panasonic DMC-TS2. It has significantly better macro capability. It is much lighter about 50 percent lighter. It is having about 3 times faster shooting capability. Also the shutter speed when compared with Panasonic DMC-TS2 then it is about 50 percent faster. It is even thinner about 10 percent and is 0.9" vs 0.9". So you can yourself think why one should go for the Panasonic DMC-TS2.

I totally disagree, with what my friend has just said above. Only by seeing the physical appearance one cannot say whether, it is best. All you need is the features that they will be giving. Panasonic DMC-TS2, has Significantly wider aperture about f/3.3 vs f/3.9. One of the most important thing is, that it is considerably cheaper. Panasonic DMC-TS2 has Much longer exposures. It can also take photos in darker situations. Also it has better image stabilization.