Thread: Hacking the Clevo W870CU bios

Hacking the Clevo W870CU bios

After giving my numerous days on the internet to find some ways some way to know what I require, I came to the winding up that at present it is not possible to stop hyper threading in Clevo W870CU laptop (probably excluding the tremendous + unlocked BIOS version; while I am not giving a majestic on a processor, I do not know).Then I determined to effort hacking the bios, but unluckily both were update file and the dumped bios is not to be unlocked by Phoenix BIOS Editor. So I was questioning if anyone either had a bios dump that works to editing by this program (it may be .rom or .wph format), or know of one more program that can open it.

Although I am literally useful with computers, hex editing bios from graze is a small piece out of my association, unluckily. I am actually eager to take this worked out because one of the major reason for my new laptop is PCSX2 trying, but hyper threading totally screws over my frame rate, as the program is not truthfully multithreaded. I presently do not know why in the world Clevo will lock-enable hyper threading on quad-core (or even dual-core) CPUs. It is got to be one of the foolish things I have ever heard in computer hardware, but I adore all else about the matter and I had odium to have to vend it just because of this one matter. On a connected tangent, has anybody consideration to start an appeal to Clevo to at least unlock standard features? I appreciate them who not wanting to allow overclocking, as that place them at danger for RMAs, but easy things like that?
    Last edited by ADALBERTO; 14-09-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Re: Hacking the Clevo W870CU bios

Oppps your criteria are very confusing and out of my mind. Normally I do not like to play and make any change with my BIOS settings. But when I go on internet to search for this topic found lots of solution on it. So form where I can help you for BIOS settings. You should go to the official website to found the BIOS open problem. I am sure they will have the solution. Actually my laptop is Dell brand so more I cannot help you. And have you used the Affinity settings for the affected program? Just try it

I think so Affinity settings will not help out from this issue. Exactly program is not the multithread problem. I also wanted to split my four core in half of and wanted to make eight virtual cores that means it wil help that program will get only half of the core. Multithreaded is a program which use several of thread but it makes them splitting internal threads across processoer. Therefore in some other ways it is an emulator.it will extend the sound emulation to one more core, but the huge bulk of the processing get places in the Emotion Engine in emulation loop, which is not rip and it cannot employ extra than fours cores. Then In my exacting case, hyperthreading is in actuality halving the processing power obtainable to the program.

I found myself in trouble when I have to arrange all theses BIOS changes. First of all you are on 820 while I am using 72. And second thing I have not placed the 2nd chip of my RAM so I am running it with single RAM. And ver is oder one beta. I am using it at completely full of 1080P and only GPU gets affected by my resolution and 5870 easily run on it. Have u benched it and if yes then how? Then the loading screen will always have HIGH fps for every game. When I ran NTSC ver I had all about 55 -65 average in first dungeon.

I think so u is providing the miss information of Hyperthreading here. My definition and thoughts is little bit different from you. I do not what you have really asked in your questioning but I can explain you the real use of hyperthreading . Hyper threading is not meaning that you will only get half of core of your system. If only one of the two virtual cores matching to a physical core is in utilize, it really gets the complete processing power of the physical core.

Yes it is true that hyper-threading does not low down the performance a lot. If the entire, and only in extremely precise condition and still then, mostly five percent performances, the performance disparity you are feeling is possibly just discrepancy of sight description. Hyper threading in fact develop performance in nearly all applications, that is why I do not see a lot point in annoying to stop hyper threading, the only thing stop hyper threading help is possibly small lower power use.

Newly from December possibly all the sager W870 laptop’s BIOS functios without OC. As I came to know from Rjtech, Clevo compels that they all sell their machine without this special function. Reason OC during BIOS was majorly matter , and that is why I have chosen W860, Not W860 but now I am in some confusion. And I avoid using games. Try to upgrade your graphics cards setting on the place of irritating your bios function.