Thread: Best Bridge Camera September 2010

Best Bridge Camera September 2010

I have a limited budget for buying the camera. I actually want to buy a bridge camera. I am here for the opinion of your all here. The only requirement that I need for may case is more and more Megapixel. I am looking for at-least 10 megapixel. Also it should have a Panorama mode. If it has that it would be wonderful to combine a set of photographs to create a single photograph. Will Fujifilm Finepix S1800, fulfill all my needs? Thanks.

Re: Best Bridge Camera September 2010

I am a little more on the demand. I also want to buy a Bridge Camera. Now I want to ask which one would be the best one? By saying little more on demands I mean that I need at-least 12x zoom,also it should posses great macro capacity. Also, it should be able to take photos under the water. I am confused under three choices viz. Sony HX1, Fuji HS 10 and Cannon SX20IS. I can not decide on which one should I decide. Help me out guys with all your valuable suggestions.

In additions to the cameras that you are looking for there is one more camera that I think you should put under your consideration. The camera that I am suggesting you in addition to the above three is Panasonic FZ35/FZ38. These four cameras are probably the best Bridge Camera at the moment in the market. If we compare all the four cameras then Fuji is probably the best on the zoom. When the quality of images are considered I think that you will find the images taken by other cameras more appropriate then the one taken from Fuji.

Yes it is true, Fuji has the longest zoom when compared to the series of cameras that have been listed. Fuji and Sony both have a CMOS sensor. They both are very quick on the operation as well when compared to the given four cameras. Both, Sony and Fuji have the Sweep Panorama mode. By sweep I mean that you can simply take the shots simply by sweeping the camera, the sweeping can be done either from side to side or simply up and down. Also thinking of comparing the weights, as Fuji uses 4 AA batteries, it is the most heaviest and Panasonic is the lightest one. I think that this much is more then enough for you to compare.

Thanks for the quick response, Crespin and Ceesar. I was knowing that the members of this forum will respond and they did response with a great and valuable analysis and suggestions. Thanks a lot. I have know enough hand on the camera that I can choose for my self. I mentioned each and everything for the camera but forgot to put up one point to the earlier post. It is all about the durability of the camera. Can you all just put a glance over the Life-Span of the various cameras. My old camera lasted for nearly about 4 years.

I am really blank on the Life-Span that you have asked for. Actually I am having no idea about the durability, but if you want I have something related to the reliability of the various brands.On the reliability scale Panasonic is the best to have the stand at the first position, then Nikon then Sony then Olympus and at last Canon. The above list is made on the basis of the more expensive point and shoot cameras, if you want to go for the less expensive point and shoots the list is somewhat different. Panasonic again tops the list, then Fuji and the list falls as follows Olympus, Sony, Canon, Kodak, Nikon, Pentax, Polaroid, Casio.