Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X305 and SetFSB

Toshiba Qosmio X305 and SetFSB

I am using software SetFSB. I explain installed the excellent OCCT (it was a while since I followed the beta) and I launched a test. After one hour, stable PC, I run and I SetFSB meeting starts to increase the FSB. And then, revelation, why it would not be automatic? I am using Toshiba Qosmio X305 laptop. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X305 and SetFSB

The PLL (Phase Locked Loop) is a chip placed on the motherboard that allows you to generate the frequencies required to operate the components. On newer motherboards, there are at least four reference frequencies: the FSB, memory, PCI-Express and PCI. The PLL is used to generate these frequencies. In practice, in most models, the FSB and memory are linked (with a ratio to be chosen in the BIOS setup) and PCI-Express and PCI are fixed (respectively 100 and 33 MHz). Some motherboards, like the one used for the capture, bind also the PCI-Express and PCI.

Once the PLL model used known, simply select it from the dropdown menu and click "Get FSB". The program should then retrieve the current value of the FSB and permit the amendment. Then simply move the cursor size bar to allow to change the FSB. Two things are important: the first is the need to avoid too great a frequency hopping, it could freeze the machine. The second is that all the PLL does not offer the same frequency ranges: Some motherboards limit the available frequencies. Note also that tick the "Ultra" provides access to some additional frequencies (based on PLL). Once the new frequency chosen, simply click on "Set FSB" to use it, and hope that the machine does not crash.

Beware of overclocking, increasing the frequency causes an increase in temperature of the CPU and RAM sticks mostly very fragile. Better you need a good cooling system before starting this kind of manipulation. Before starting any operation of the software, you must know the model of the motherboard. SetFSB is constantly being enriched with each new version of PLL which allows him to boast an impressive list of not less than 83 PLL motherboards! The last date for this version being: ICS954127BFLF, RTM885N-914.
    The X58 chipset is now supported.

Once the PLL is selected, press "GET FSB, you should see the fsb you set in the BIOS and the frequency of your processor:
    Black Box: you have your current FSB. Red box: you have selected the FSB (with 2 arrows just ABOVE SET FSB). Purple Box: the frequency of your processor (Note : frequency calculated with the original CPU multiplier). To increase your FSB, click the right arrow and then click on "Set FSB". Congrats you've increased your fsb of 1 MHz. You just repeat the operation has more to earn more, but do not hurry, do come in small increments (5 MHz maximum).

Put the highest configuration, Put the ram in sync (ie a setting of 2 in the bios equivalent to 1:1)
    Set the CPU clock speed 266MHz
    a) Start the PC
    b) Launch SetFSB, TAT and CPU-Z (version 1.41)
    c) Mount gradually the frequency of the CPU clock thanks to SetFSB
    d) Test each tier 2 CPU cores with TAT at 100% (do not exceed 75 ° C. TAT, see 80 ° C for the general max) if TAT is running 20 minutes without worry is that the CB is stable (it is possible to mount the CPU voltage to achieve higher frequencies, attention any time the temperature!)
    e) remove 20 to 25Mhz frequency limit to be found on the stability of overclocking