Thread: Studio XPS 1340 random beeping? Anyone else have this?

Studio XPS 1340 random beeping? Anyone else have this?

I bought a new Dell Studio XPS 1340 laptop six months before. I use it for my office work and for gamming; it gives me no problem like overheating or anything else. But form last one week I having some strange sound coming from my laptop. It’s a beeping sound randomly. I think it must be an internal buzzer. I know it’s not a big deal but if anybody knows about this problem then please me. is it problem because i am using very high graphic card?

Re: Studio XPS 1340 random beeping? Anyone else have this?

I think so it looks like a hard ware problem .if this sound is coming from the speakers under the keyboard. Then these are the same speaker which beeps when we go the BIOS. You explained above that everything is going well except this beeping sound. I though this is the software problem. You can either try and figure out what keeps doing it, or you can try a clean install. Both of which are fairly time consuming, but I guess it depends on how irritating this actually is.

If you think that problem belongs to hardware department then you should call to your service center. You should not try to touch Hardware problem at all because you can cause any damage to it. I was facing the same beeping problem and I have solved it. I made a call to customer care of dell to get the solution of it. They check my laptop and told m that something is going worn with my laptop motherboard and they changed it. So now I m not getting any sound. That’s all.

Hi I was also struggling with this problem. I was facing the same beeping issue. I call to dell support – and they suggest me to boo the system in safe mode, here it did not get the beep. Dell technician therefore concluded it is not hardware problem. I reinstalled the OS - Win 7 (upgraded) with reformats of hard disk and waits for two hours. This time beep did not occur. I then went to install Office 2007 and other software also each time the beep did not get. I wait till over night and reboot my laptop and now I am not getting any sound. I solved the problem.

I used dell laptop but my model is XPS 1640. Generally it works well for any office uses but from last 15 days I am also facing this beeping sound problem. I have checked all the software up gradation but it did not get solved then I made some hardware test with it. And I found that this sound is coming because of my hard disk problem. My hard disk has been damaged for some reasons. I have to replace it to get over from this problem.

1. Beeping sound because of hard disk is not possible. Hard disk itself contains one inbuilt alarm which starts if there is any problem with hard disk. So there is very low possibility to have damage with plates on impact. You can make test with hard disk. Start moving hard disk up and down and turn on your laptop, it will beep the sound if you will do this movement for long time enough. I know all these issues because I am using dell M1530 and it was also having the same issue. So if this sound is continuously coming from your laptop then you may need to replace your hard disk.

If you laptop is under warranty period and you are sure that this sound is coming from your hard disk and your hard disk has been damaged then change the hard disk because warranty cover he hard disk replacement . And some time these kinds of sounds come from your settings problem. For example if your battery has low power then it starts being. So please check these kind of settings may this beeping can be related to your batter issues.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"