Thread: One core missing in Dual core system

One core missing in Dual core system

I have a Sony SZ laptop and it is been working with Windows Vista. For the time being I have been experiencing that the system fan is been working a bit slow. I did not bother much but then one day I found that one of the core is not working or it is missing. I do not know what could have been the issue. I check it from the task manager and could not find functioning of one core processor. Please help me out so that I can make the thing to work well as needed.

Re: One core missing in Dual core system

Try to perform a system restore point. I think this will definitely let the change to be performed for you can can process accordingly for the same. I would suggest you to get the desired change to be processed well and get the implementation to get worked that is needed. As it is been done you can thus function for the desired aspects very well by then. So check out.

There is a way through which you can make the essential aspects to be processed all you need to do is to Right-click my computer then you need to choose Manage, then Device Manager, and expand the top entry, Computer. It has to say ACPI Multiprocessor PC or MPS Multiprocessor PC to support more than a single CPU. If you reinstalled Windows, you may have to do so again, and this time press F5 when it tells you to press F6 to load drivers. Check out for the desired change that is needed. I hope it will be better for you.

There is another aspect through which you can make the things to be enabled well as required. All you need to do is to check that is if you have an option in your BIOS to disable/enable multi-core support. You seem to know what you're doing pretty well, so is there any way you could try a live Windows Vista to spin perhaps? If Windows Vista detects 2 cores, it would help narrow things down pretty quick. So check out for the same by setting up the Bios well.

I would suggest you to try reinstalling the Windows Vista that you use. This may help you out well for sorting the thing that is needed. As it is been done you can then check out for the change which will be better for you and can make the implementation which is needed. So do check out and then process as needed. I hope it will definitely let the implementation to be processed and you can work well.