Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-09-2010

How to fix dim screen Sony VPC-Z?

I am having a Sony Vaio Z which i have purchased last month but don't like one feature of the device. Actually the screen of the device got auto dim while working on the same. I wanted to disable the same but not finding any way to perform the same. So if any one is having the knowledge regarding the same then please help me with it.
Old 13-09-2010

Re: How to fix dim screen Sony VPC-Z?

This is possible with the Auto Dimming enabled into the system of yours and that is why you are getting this issue. I will advise you to get into the Registry Editor and find the "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sony Corporation\Vaio Event Service\Settings\VESAutoDimmer". After that check for the P008 and change the value to 255. Thats it!!!!!!!!!
Old 13-09-2010

I think this is the issue related to Graphic Driver which might be not working properly with the devise of yours and that is why you are getting the low screen resolution. So it is better to uninstall the Graphic driver and install the new driver for the device of yours. This might help you to get the better screen.
Old 13-09-2010

I think it is better to contact the Sony regarding the issue which you are going through. As they are the developer of the device which you are using and might be having enough knowledge to disable the dim of screen. So contact them and see whether what replies you are getting. I hope you will get the solution.
Old 13-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
This is possible with the Auto Dimming enabled into the system of yours and that is why you are getting this issue. I will advise you to get into the Registry Editor and find the "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Sony Corporation\Vaio Event Service\Settings\VESAutoDimmer". After that check for the P008 and change the value to 255. Thats it!!!!!!!!!
Hey thanks for the reply that you have given me regarding the issue of mine and let me tell you that the problem got resolved. I have tried getting into the registry editor and when performed what you said to me and not i am not getting any issue with the same. Others having the same problem can use this.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,