Thread: Sony Vpcz1 (vpcz12ahx) Suddenly Freezing

Sony Vpcz1 (vpcz12ahx) Suddenly Freezing

The Stamina (Intel video) does work by means of two monitors, additional than not using HDMI. You be able to attach a second monitor using VGA. Speed (nVidia video) determine to work by means of the HDMI. I consider Auto facilitates nVidia if it detects an HDMI monitor associated. I encompass had more than a few cases where the display driver crashes (screen goes blank for a couple of seconds) additional than the system recovers and gives a message to that consequence and the whole thing continues as normal.

Re: Sony Vpcz1 (vpcz12ahx) Suddenly Freezing

I have comprise been working with on STAMINA mode. No freezing. Regrettably, in STAMINA mode, you cannot utilize an exterior HDMI monitor (AUTO or SPEED merely). Was I to be in AUTO or SPEED mode, I was knowledge 'freezing' on a scale deliberate in minutes. If the present status continued without freezing, then it is moreover the video card or the drivers. When I give the impression of being at the driver in DEVICE MANAGER, there does not seem to be a disagreement or anomaly. When I am in freeze-mode, it be able to occur at anytime at the same time as I am using it. If this tests pans out, I determine to reconnect the HDMI monitor and put it back into AUTO mode.

For me I moreover get immediate (a smaller amount than 1 sec) or a complete freeze and I encompass to reboot on the other hand, mostly I have by no means waited for additional than perhaps a minute previous to rebooting. I am becoming persuaded this has something to do by means of the graphics system. I encompass not had several freezes in view of the fact that switching to stamina mode. I have had immediate (<1 sec) freezes at the same time as switching connecting apps, other than merely when moving the mouse between the large window icons on top of the taskbar - not when using Alt-Tab. FWIW. I am using an exterior monitor (non-HDMI).

I am attractive certain my lockups are dissimilar. For me, it immediately occurs indiscriminately, other than always when using the mouse (not when typing). The mouse immediately suddenly stops, and then the whole apparatus is totally unresponsive until I reboot. As mentioned, I in addition get these momentary freezes, and when that occurs, if I am playing music on the apparatus, the music in addition pauses, so it's not immediately the display that is freezing, other than I do imagine it has something to do by means of the display perhaps the drivers other than surely there be supposed to be a appropriate crash/bsod if there was a driver conflict or bug.

On one occasion it is frozen, it is reboot time I might encompass mentioned this earlier, other than when it does freeze, there is sensitive fan sound generally, the fan on this laptop is practically non-existent. During the freeze, it gets conspicuously loud. I, approximating you, consider it is a video card/video driver problem. I have been working with the computer without the exterior monitor (HDMI) at present for the last few hours. I ran it in STAMINA mode for a small number of hours without tribulations.

Yes, I predestined "Short pauses when mousing in excess of the Aero window thumbnails" - my rationalization was not too superior. I locate these circumstances, even by means of the stamina mode, to be beyond belief. I immediately checkered a small number of DVD movies and the motion was appallingly jumpy on the entire of them, and in some instances the sound was not synced by means of the picture (picture delayed). I encompass 6yr old Acer laptop by means of 2GB working with win7 and it’s superior to watch DVDs on that than this brand innovative 8GB core i7 Vaio - how be able to this be probable.