Thread: SR Fn+F5/F6 brightness in Windows 7

SR Fn+F5/F6 brightness in Windows 7

I have installed windows 7 on my Sony VAIO SR220J/B and i do not think that anything is wrong with this system except for the Fn+F5/F6 brightness controls. I am using Alps and Synaptics drivers on this system and it has an Upek fingerprint software. Fn keys are working but i guess Fn+F5/F6 has something wrong as it is not changing the brightness of my screen.

Re: SR Fn+F5/F6 brightness in Windows 7

Your model Utils.exe Does not Have the utility. Instead You Need to download the pre-installed utilities for your model and install the FOLLOWING Then in this order:
    1 Sony Utilities (Folder 1)
    2 Sony Shared Library (Folder 2)
    3 Vaio Event Service (Folder 6)
    When prompted to restart you restart. For the two folder will be the case.
    Normally qd your computer on again (after the installation folder 2) AC working again, if it is not the case continues by installing folder 6.

If, after Installing the utilities, Followed by a reboot, the FN keys are not working Still Then repeat the the install procedure (in the order Stated) And Then Again restart your computer. It has been "Reported by Several members That this procedure (up to Three Times) May Be Necessary Before the Fn keys work correctly.

My impression is that the fn key is blocked: I no longer need to press "Fn" to increase or decrease volume, brightness. And so consequently, the keys associated with Fn Fn meet only features. Example: I can not use the key "del". Also, I can not move me as before with the arrows keys left and right: a list of file, I go from first to last. The same goes for what is text.

Go to the start button and click on the Run Search bar and then type "services.msc". Press enter and then you will be in the service managers and locate here: "VAIO Event Service" and now right click and then Start. I guess this solves your problem.To start that it "remains" always in the right click select "Properties" and under "Startup Type" select "Automatic".

When the FN keys do not work at all: Go to the site of Sony Support -> Downloads Utilities & Drivers. Install in the ORDER after downloading in the section that corresponds to your Windows:
    • Sony Utils.dll
    • Sony Shared Library
    • Setting Utility Series
    • VAIO Event Service