Thread: Acer 3820tg vs Sony z series

Acer 3820tg vs Sony z series

I had immediately went from side to side together notebooks on notebook check and was speculating how the 3820tg costs half that of the sony, additional than manages to position in a stronger graphics chip, and run additional silently at full load by an astonishing 12.4db. I would not be surprised moreover that if acer used the similar materials on its 3280 that sony might afford to utilize on its z, similar to carbon fiber and light heaviness aluminum, that there would not be the 1lb weight gap connecting the laptops is the stronger CPU / better screen / smaller size / 1lb heaviness dissimilarity worth it. I think I am missing something. I need some help here related to the topic.

Re: Acer 3820tg vs Sony z series

As to my opinion the 3820tg has no optical drive, depending on your config probable has no SSD, has a panel that is not in the similar league as the sony, is built cheaper, has a inferior keyboard and a cheaper WLAN card. Not certain I consider the DB delta, additional than if true I would reckon in view of the fact that the sony is much smaller so requirements to spin the smaller fans at much higher speeds to create the similar amount of airflow. They are together great apparatus, other than the Acer is not in the similar league as the sony.

The 3820TG has two fans, one for GPU and one for CPU, so they be able to spin sluggish (and consequently quieter) to get the similar amount of cooling flow. In addition, 5650 is stronger, other than I do not imagine it is hotter than GT 330M.The price dissimilarity is large, other than it's not twice. An i5-520m Z122 retails for $1900 at the same time as i5-450m 3820TG retails for $1100-1200 at least. People in the Acer segment that import from Taiwan occurred to come on a sale time when Taiwanese retailers are cleaning out the accumulation so they managed to get it beneath $1100 (containing shipping). Right at present you are able to purchase Z122 for $1650 shipped as well for the reason that it's in addition on sale.

Yes it is. The HD5650m determine to walk the entire up and down the GT330m (particularly by means of Sony undervolting). And no, they run regarding the similar temp frequently, by means of the GT330m getting a diminutive hotter under full utilization. Truthfully I imagine this is the merely additional notebook that is able to remotely compete by means of the Z series. In addition, the sole reason the Z is so expensive is its SSD's. Get that Acer, by means of the 5650 alternative by means of 4GB of RAM, an i5, and a superior Intel SSD, and it determine to cost extremely close if not additional, than what Sony is asking for by means of the Z. Simply thing is the Acer has a MONSTER graphics card for it's size.

Other than the explanation I pointed out it's not hotter than GT330m is that it in addition means if Z be able to handle GT330m's heat, it be able to handle 5650's heat. At present, if merely Sony be able to observe how people rave regarding 5650 and 3820TG and come back to ATI for Z's substitute. The 5650 is the clear winner there, no query. Other than the reason I pointed out it's not hotter than GT330m is that it in addition means if Z be able to handle GT330m's heat, it be able to handle 5650's heat. At present, if merely Sony be able to observe how people rave regarding 5650 and 3820TG and come back to ATI for Z's replacement.

I have the same opinion that the Acer 3820TG is actually the merely confront to the Z in the portable ultra-power market. Previous this year when I was in the market, I pointed my conclusion down to these two systems, and was tempted by the Acer's cheaper price and additional powerful GPU (which were together significant factors for me).Other than in the end, I went by means of the Z for the superior screen, keyboard, build quality, SSDs, and integrated optical drive. (Oh, and it was essentially obtainable in the U.S.

The Sony has advanced build superiority and is attractive much an engineering marvel, other than a $750 premium (it's essentially closer to $1.3k here for the reason that the luxury manufacturers think they are the entire) for a nicer build and a superior 13" screen other than lower performance/battery life is not worth it, IMO. Not when a 27" IPS monitor be able to be had for ~$640. Sony has constantly made overwhelming, premium sht, and charged consequently. The tribulations are that tech stuff devalues so speedily, whether or not it is branded or premium.