Thread: Z11 - Reconfigure S Buttons (Assist/Dual Pane/VAIO)

Z11 - Reconfigure S Buttons (Assist/Dual Pane/VAIO)

On the other hand, I have been messing approximately by means of the control center files, particularly the subsequent files in Program Files (x86)\Sony\Setting usefulness Series: SpecialButtonSetting.dll SBMsg.exe \EN_US\SpecialButtonSetting.dll.mui I took the files from my Z591 and reinstate the ones on the Z11. There are two S button alternative dialogs at present, additional than you cannot modify their setting. I am going to try additional cross-pollination connecting the two systems, by means of a focus on the registry next. I would actually feel affection for control of the entire three buttons, so that's the goal. If somebody has previously figured this out, please let me be familiar with. I did a hasty search, other than did not locate anything.

Re: Z11 - Reconfigure S Buttons (Assist/Dual Pane/VAIO)

If so, that's not accurately what I am giving the impression of being to do. The innovative Z series has three buttons, other than merely one is configurable via the control center. Dig from side to side the registry for additional alternative. You necessitate locating the submission which controls the supplementary buttons. This is supposed to be simple to figure out rather than editing the XML files.

I am going to necessitate being different this for at present. I was capable to revolutionize the function of the VAIO and dual pane buttons by modification the SBCurrentSettingData.XML, additional than I did incredible that stopped it from running. Exasperating not certain what I did to break it, additional than I determine to put down a fresh Sony OS build on at the same time as I am out tonight and try the entire in excess of again by means of a clean slate. If somebody desires to try it at the same time as I regroup, here what I was writing up this worked, then stopped. If you dork up your XML file, immediately eliminate it. It determine to be recreated by means of defaulting settings.

The FuncID maps to an additional config XML situated in C:\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\Setting Utility Series\Function. In this illustration, 54 is magnifier. The merely oddity I saw by means of this is that the "Launcher" alternative seems to construct a custom XML file. One time it was 102.XML, once it was 101.XML. I imagine the standard drop down selections in VAIO Care are always the similar (54 is always magnifier, 1 is always Mute, etc).

If you desire to write your have possession of filter driver for Windows, immediately to handle the hotkeys and leave the rest to the Sony driver, you be able to have to give the impression of being at the sony-laptop linux kernel module. It engender ACPI events for every key-down and key-up. AFAIK, ASUS and Acer characteristically utilize Dritek keyboard filter (signed) for their hot-key organization. There is an API for it, I assume, and the entire they necessitate is a service or autolaunch submission to handle hot-keys. In fact, such a submission from ASUS or Acer distribution is almost certainly configurable sufficient to be helpful.

The majority people are by means of x64 Windows Vista onwards these days, and regrettably, unless you maintain "test signing mode" everlastingly on using bcdedit (or your preferred similar tool), you determine to necessitate to (subsequent to developing your filter driver) cross sign it by means of your own class 3 kernel code signing certificate and the Microsoft root certificate previous to it determine to load, so unless there are several filter driver devs hanging out here by means of a present cert, it's going to be a bit of a complicated path to follow I fear I might encompass a probe into building a filter driver on my series although.

There is an submission called VAIO Windows Organizer which is not obtainable for download. Installing it determine to restore the functionality of the S1 button. You encompass to get it from the recovery disc or separation. OK so the vaio button was sony media gallery and I was unintelligent and forgot to create recovery dvds so might anybody upload sony media gallery from their dvd. I have looked the entire in excess of the internet and cannot locate a dl link anywhere.