Thread: Sony Vaio Z Backlight Keyboard Manual Switch

Sony Vaio Z Backlight Keyboard Manual Switch

Having Sony Vaio Z, is really wonderful. I was really expecting something great from Sony and they did it with this one. I must say that VAIO Z is absolutely cool. I have heard that in the keyboard of this laptop the Backlight can be turned on and off. I have not yet got anything like that in the laptop. I am just thinking if there is a way to manually switch the backlight on the keyboard on and off.

Re: Sony Vaio Z Backlight Keyboard Manual Switch

Yes it is true that you can turn the backlight of the keyboard. It is very simple, what you need to do is, just go to VAIO control center. There you will find many options in the left pane. To name some options, for example there will be System Information, below that will be Power Management and so on. The one of our interest is Keyboard and Mouse. Under Keyboard Ans Mouse you will find one option like Backlit KB. Under that very option you will have your desired option that you need. Hope this will help.

Thanks for the quick response. I went to the VAIO control center. There I found what you had suggested. The options in that suggests me how to turn on the backlight and I am happy with it. I was however not finding anything that could help me turn off the backlight of the keyboard as per my wish. Any suggestions regarding this. Well I have got half of the answer for the question that I posted, now I am waiting for the other half. Thank you once again for the response. Am I loosing on something?

You want the manual control for the light I guess. It is however not possible here in the case that you are asking for. The only way that you can do is keep the room in which you are working, DARK. Of-course the option that was told to you will have to be checked, otherwise it will not. When you want to turn the backlight of the keyboard off, you can do this by lighting the room back. However you can turn the backlight off permanently, if you uncheck the above option.