Thread: Nokia n96 - lock code

Nokia n96 - lock code

Friends, My dad gifted me a brand new Nokia n96 mobile phone. It was working fine for the month but now its is responding very slow. My friends told me that restoring the factory setting may fix the issue. When I was trying to restore factory setting then it asks me for the lock code. I don't have any idea about this therefore I aborted the restoring process. What is this code all about and which code should I provide to continue the restore process.

Re: Nokia n96 - lock code

Hi Calusa,
    Every phone has a default lock code. Lock code is basically made for security reason. Default lock code for all Nokia phone is 12345. When it ask for lock code then enter 12345 and press OK button but remember this will only work if you have not changed the code earlier. Whenever you are changing the code then you should remember the new code because if you forget that then it will not allow you to do some reset and you have to go to nokia support to get it corrected.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by Bon-Z View Post
    Hi Calusa,
    Default lock code for all Nokia phone is 12345. When it ask for lock code then enter 12345 and press OK button
    Thank you very much for the answer. I typed the same code as you suggested (12345) and when I clicked on OK it starts restoring the factory setting. After a few minutes it restarts itself and all the setting are now similar to a new phone. It also solved the issue.

Hi ,I am also having almost same issue. I am not able to perform a soft reset on my phone because it keeps me asking for the lock code. I tired with the code 12345 as you also have suggested but it is not working in my case. Mobile company of which I am using the phone is movistar Venezuela. Is this company have any special code to perform soft restore.. Can you please help me also. I am waiting for your reply. Thank you.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

First of all you make sure that you have not changed the security code from 12345 to something else. If you have done it then your new code has replaced the default code and that’s why it is not allowing you to do restore factory setting. There is also a possibility that Movistar has changed the security code from the default 12345 to any other code. You should contact Movistar’s people for the default lock code.

You can also do the hard reset. This will also cause the same result and it may also reset your security code but don’t count on it. Method for hard reset is simple and here is it. Switch off your mobile phone first. Again you have to switch your phone on but this time you have to hold three keys together and the keys are Green key(call), number 3 and *. Keep that button pressed and switch on your phone. When you see the company logo or anything like that then release the buttons. This will perform hard reset on your phone. Good Luck

Some people think that by hard reset will delete all the things from the phone but this is not true. Hard reset will never delete any data from external memory. It will only delete the things which are in the internal memory (C: Drive) of the phone. Other mass memory like E: Drive or F: drive will be safe. The only thing is you need to reinstall all the applications which are in the memory card because all the metadata which are in phone memory get deleted.

i wana know that nokia n 96 loack coad

Quote Originally Posted by durgeshrai View Post
    i wana know that nokia n 96 loack coad
    Which lock code do you require ? Is it about the default security lock code or the code that is required to unlock the network ? As it is mentioned in this thread itself that the default security code is 12345, and if you are asking about the network unlock code than refer this guide: Unlocking Guide for Nokia Phone