Thread: Vaio Z12 suddenly powers down while playing Mass Effect

Vaio Z12 suddenly powers down while playing Mass Effect

Mass Effect, what a wonderful game to play. I have heard a lot of this game. I played this game at one of my colleague and it was really wonderful. I thought of playing it on my Sony Vaio 12. I was very exited about this, but the excitement ended with a very big disappointment. Whenever I try to play this game on my laptop it suddenly powers down. The game pauses for a second or two and then the laptop powers down. Please is there any one having the same problem or I am the first one facing this. Please help.

Re: Vaio Z12 suddenly powers down while playing Mass Effect

No, I do not think that you are alone in this race my friend. I am also in this race. The same or say a similar situation in my case for the game. At start, Mass Effect runs fine, but after some interval like about 1 hours of 1 and half hours, the laptop suddenly powers down. I can not make anything out of this. It is not like Windows shutting down. There is no problem with the re-booting of the laptop, it boots well. Could this be because of overheating?Any other clues why this is happening?

As you all have just mentioned, I am sure that there is nothing that Windows is doing in this matter. Regarding the Overheating, I would suggest you to install a Temperature-Monitor for the same, and see if this is the cause for this. It can be the result of overheating. Sometimes it may happen when you are playing games like Mass Effect the CPU/GPU may become the victim of overheating. So install it and see if it is because of overheating.

According to me, if you ask, it could be because of the fault in the Graphic cards. Sometimes, this trouble may be because of the old NVIDIA graphics cards, that may be provided by SONY. Also I think that your game needs some patches because of which it is not able to perform. See for the patches on the internet and see if the patches make the difference. Hope the best for you. If the patches do not solve the problem, then go for the replacement of the graphic card.

I do not see any kind of problem with the graphic card as such. The type of problem that you have discussed was faced by me, but I was then using Z 11. I faced this because I overclocked it too high. Did you overclock it? From my previous experience I am dam sure that this may be due to Overclocking. Now, I can play Mass Effect on my laptop very easily, and it is working pretty fine. Let me know if you did overclocking?