Thread: Folder not detect by pen drive

Folder not detect by pen drive

I have new bought an USB pen drive for my laptop. Did not happened any thing wrong till last two days ago. But from the yesterday there is an brand new problem in my usb pen drive. All the folders in the pen drive are not detected or working properly. What kind of problem is this, can any one say....

Re: Folder does not detect by pen drive

Firstly if you still now not format your usb pen drive then you may can solve your problem. Check whether your files are in hidden mode. If it is in hidden mode then right click on the drive and select properties of the drive. And if you found there your files are in hidden mode then click there to unhidden them.

Your problem may occur for virus effect in your pen drive.By format your pen drive you can solve your problem. For this follow the steps:
    Go to Run then type 'cmd' and click on ok. Enter the command for your volume drive (say this is H:/) , then type -h-r-s/s/d h:\*.* . Then you can check your files in your pen drive folder and scan them with an update Anti virus software to check whether the files are virus effected are not. if find it is effected then delete the viruses and recover your data. Then format your pen drive. Then try to access your USB pen drive.
    Last edited by Milton.J; 11-09-2010 at 09:32 PM.

I read your post, I had also an that type of problem in my pen drive. If you unable to access your data and shows them as a shortcut icon then you can fix this issue. To fix the issue follow the bellow mentioned instructions. Firstly go to options of your drive and select "show hidden" and click ok to all last three options to recover your data.

Hey Milton.J, I followed your post and formatted my pen drive but no result. Could you suggest me another solution to get rid of this problem. Whenever I copied any file to pen drive, after when I again unplug the pen drive it shows that there is no file inside the pen drive or unable to read the folders.