Thread: Unable to Install applications in Nokia E63

Unable to Install applications in Nokia E63

My nokia E63 is working fine since last month but from few days there is a problem in the application section of the phone. when i tried to install the applications such as the S60 Ver3 themes then it provides an error message saying that there is a problem in the application and phone cannot install it. Ir only installed the Opera mini browser and the F-secure from the internet, what should i do in order to get the applications installed in my phone.

Re: Unable to Install applications in Nokia E63

There are software's such as the File explorer, bar-code Reader which does not have the proper Authentication for the download from a number of the website. The solution to this issue is that you have download the applications from the trusted websites, which has the proper authentication from the maker of the phone. This will for sure resolve your problem of the application installation.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

These is a often problem that occurs in the nokia phone because it has a security authentication in it, this can be easily resolved by following the below steps;
    • Go to the Menu
    • Select the installation
    • Then go to App Manager
    • From the options select Settings
    • Go to Software Installations
    • Finally select "ALL"

These will resolve your issue and you will be able to download all the application from the website and install it.

It seems that there is a problem in the application or the theme that you are trying to download and install in the system. The application might be incompatible with the phone and the software or there are chances that it is not been signed properly. The ultimate solution to your problem is that try downloading from a different website and make sure that you sign the application on the symbiansigned website.

Your problem is very common to the people who buys a new Nokia E63 so there is nothing to panic about you just have to make some chances in the settings given here first go to the menu and select installations option. After that you have select the application manager, click on the options and then on "Software installation" and make it as "ALL". These will now make enable your phone to download all the application that you want either it is trusted or not.

Now I am able to download all the applications and the themes that I want from any of the website all thanks to your solution. Now I want to thank you because the solution provided by you was very grateful and it helped me a lot to overcome the issue in the Nokia E63. I will be delighted if you provide any kind of support in the future on any topic.

i bought the e 63 and even after i did the setting in installation to "all" i am unable to install the applications...

Quote Originally Posted by kurt_shres View Post
    i bought the e 63 and even after i did the setting in installation to "all" i am unable to install the applications...
    I guess you are getting some error like "Certificate Expired" or so.. Well, if it is this than you can install it by changing your phones date to 6 months back or 1 year back. Like you set the date to 01 Mar 2010 and try to install. If still getting the same error than change it to 01 Dec 2009. It will be installed. Once installed, change the date back to today.

Ah I tried doing even though it didn't work out.... ya it says certificate date expired. the problem says " certification may not yet be valid , is expired or phone's data setting may be incorrect" ...

It appears as you need to set the software installations value. You can do this by simply going to the menu then select then browse to installations -> App manager -> options -> settings and now select "software installation". Set it to ALL. Even off the online security check. If the problem persists still then simply change your date prior to 01/04/08 and then try to install the application the applications will be installed.

I installed what's app on my nokia and it removed mxit and facebook off my phone. Now I can't download any app on to my phone. I have tried all the possible setting changes and still no downloads. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Winks View Post
    I installed what's app on my nokia and it removed mxit and facebook off my phone. Now I can't download any app on to my phone. I have tried all the possible setting changes and still no downloads. Please help.
    From where did you download it, did you download it from the official site or from some crack/warez site, because if you did download from all these sites then there is chance that you might have got a virus infected whatsapp application, which might have corrupted the file systems in your nokia mobile phone. Try to restore your mobile phone by taking the contact backup first and then install the whatsapp application from here.