Thread: Audio problem in Toshiba Satellite laptop

Audio problem in Toshiba Satellite laptop

I am using Toshiba satellite L505D-S5983 which is showing me no audio on it. When I try to find out it troubleshoots the problem when clicked on the speaker volume on toolbar and message appears as hardware changes may not be detected. I have no clue what it can be , I also try to fix the problem in device manager and it shows that there may be a problem with the High Definition Audio Controller. What can be the solution to fix the problem.

Re: Audio problem in Toshiba Satellitte laptop

Audio problem in your Toshiba laptop can be fix try to uninstalling the audio drivers and after certain time period install it which can be useful.You can get the drivers by download the drivers from the manufacturing company website and install it by specifying your "Operating System" from the drop down menu provided on site in "Categories", click on "Sound" and download the drivers and install it on your machine.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

your problem of no audio playing on your laptop can be because of virus, which may have infected your machine and audio drive try to scan your machine with the latest and updated anti virus which may helpful to resolve the problem if it is caused by virus. install updated ant latest anti virus on your laptop to avoid such problem which will help to keep machine clean.

you can try to go to Start in search type devmgmt.msc a window with device Manager will open. if there is any yellow mark on the high definition audio controller and install the realtek. this may solve your problem and try to look for sound drive which may support on your laptop. you can go for company site which will provide you the best possible solution.

you can go for this to resolve the audio problem go to Start > Run services.msc
    and there find Windows Audio if it is not started follow steps as
    • select and right click on properties
    • select Dependencies Tab
    • verify the list "service depends on the system components"
    • select OK and find those components present in the list and started.
    • If not, then select and right click on start.
    • return to Windows Audio and select start.
    Last edited by Simond; 11-09-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Audio problem can be because of laptop speaker failure it may happen that your speaker connection with certain devices are lost that is connection is loss or broken because of which this audio problem is arising take help of technician to fix your hardware problem which will solve your problem if it is because of hardware failure.

you can check if your sound settings are properly set you can go into the sound options present in the control panel, go into the audio tab in which goto the playback hardware settings and look what are the default settings for playback devices. to get the sound, they are needs to be set to sound card of your machine which ensure audio in your machine.