Thread: 2760 - message failed, please check details

2760 - message failed, please check details

Hi,
    I am using Nokia 2760 form last 18 months and it does not showed me any problem in this large period. I like to send messages to my friends. I used to send around 10 to 20 message per day. But now I am not able to send even a single message. Whenever I try to send ant text message it shows me a eroor message saying that "message failed, please check details". I cant hold this problem and want to fix it as early as possible.

There is no problem while receiving the messages. Can you please tell me what may be the problem?

Re: 2760 - message failed, please check details

Which SIM card you are using I mean what is your service provider? I think it is a service problem and you need to contact your service provider. You can get their number in the manual of of SIM card or it is stored in your SIM memory by default. Just call them and they are definitely going to help you. Earlier it was a free call but now a days they are charging for that. Other option is you can directly go to your nearest service center of your Service provider.

This issue may be caused because your phone memory is full. Your messages are stored in the phone memory and if your memory is full with messages then it will not have more space to save the messages. This is the reason that you are getting the error message. You should delete all your sent and received messages except the important one and it will fix the problem.

You can also try resetting the factory setting. Here are the steps to to this.

• Go to Menu ->> Settings -> Rest. fact. sett -> Settings.
    • It will ask for the lock code. Default code is 12345
    • recheck message central number like already mentioned

What is the version of firmware you are using? I may be problem with your firmware which is outdated. I am also using the same phone and I have firmware function 3.62. The latest updated version of firmware is 7.60. Update your firmware and it would fix your problem. I hope this will fix your problem.

If you want to check version of your firmware then you should type *#0000# and as you press this on your screen it will show you the details for your phone.

Just check the numbers on which you are setting the messages. Those numbers may not be existing. When it displays the flash that " message failed, please check details" then click on OK then it will show you the exact problem why this problem is occurring every time and you can solve the issue accordingly.

Your message may be going out of range I mean character count of your phone is going out of range and your mobile is not able to split it into two parts. My suggestion to you is to reinstall the software again. You can do it on yourself by visiting nokia website or you can go to nearest nokia service center. They will charge something for that but they will do it perfectly.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"