Thread: Nokia C6: E-mail problem

Nokia C6: E-mail problem

I have got the Nokia C6 smartphone which i wanted to configure with the email account according to me but let me tell you that i am unable to do so. Whenever i am trying to set the email account of mine everything goes smoothly but i did not found the POP3 or IMAP setting to choose from. I can only create the emailbox for the exchange server only but i want to make the emailbox for the gmail account of mine. If any one can then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Nokia C6: E-mail problem

First let me know how you are trying to set up the connection i mean to say that you are using the WiFi or the Network. If you wanted to set up the emailbox for the gmail account then you can use the software which comes with the device of yours. You can work with the Nokia device model and use the Mail for Exchange 2.9.

This is known bug of the Nokia C6 which is faced by the most of the user of the same. I have searched regarding the issue of yours and come to know about the this issue. This is possible that the Nokia is working to resolve this bug and might be resolve this by next release of the firmware for this. I hope to get it working with the this in new firmware.

I think that the problem is with the device only. have you installed any third party software in the device? I think that the device of yous id gone bad. So the best thing that i can advise you is to perform the hard reset on the same which will perform the erasing of all the data and set it to factory setting. If you want can go through the same.

I am having the same Nokia C6 device which is also not getting the setup with the email account that you are getting. I have searched a lot for working of the same but did not get it working with the issue of mine so finally have come with the one utility that perform the setting of the Emailbox. I am using the EMOZE which is nice application for working of the same.

If nothing is working for you then i will advise you to contact the Nokia regarding the issue which you are getting with the Nokia device. As they are the developer of the phone and might be having the knowledge regarding the bug of the Phone. So if you can then contact the Nokia and see whether you are getting the proper replies for same or not.

I will advise you to follow the below given step that might fix the issue of yours. Just go through the same and let me know about the working of the same.

• First installed latest version of Nokia PC suite.
    • Take a backup of your data in your PC using Nokia PC Suit.
    • Also take a backup of your sis, java etc. files this files are your setup files of your installed applications.
    • If you have memory card then format this, if this is virus infected then it will remove your all corrupted data from your phone.
    • Using Nokia PC suit format your mobile phone memory or update all the pre installed files , because this all corrupted files are repair and it will take your original setting of your phone.
    • Restart Phone