Thread: Switching between Screens/Monitors Lenovo T410

Switching between Screens/Monitors Lenovo T410

I have a question, is it feasible to switch between several screens on the Lenovo T410, if it is in the dock station. The present setup is 2 outside TFTs on DVI, and I am thinking about receiving a beamer for watching movies I would like to connect the beamer through display port to VGA,HDMI,DVI. My exact question is that can I switch my active screens simply per short cut? My difficulty right now is that, I cannot switch between the outside screens and the leno T410 LCD. Whenever the lid is open fully, the T410 LCD get start and my main TFT turns off. That's why I am anxious about buying a beamer, because I do not want to draw out the cable etc.

Re: Switching between Screens/Monitors Lenovo T410

Friend I also have little bit similar query. I want to open two document open at the same time because one for reference only and other for working on. At present, I am capable to divide the screen (on Win7) and do this, but it's not extremely comfy. So, I am planning of a second screen. So my exact question is that what should I do that my one file displayed on the external screen and one on the screen of Laptop and will work on the Laptop? If it is possible then please tell me or any idea of coast? What kind of externals screen to go for/ optional?

Yes my friend it can be done. It’s not very hard. You have to install the ultarmon is software which will help you to do your require work of dual screen. I do not advise working with the laptop screen, because you possibly will get a 19 inch or even superior screen. And it's very not convenient with dissimilar screen size. So if you want to work with your laptop screen watches out for small 2nd screen. TN panel screens are really very cheap but as compare to T410 screen its looks better. So now you will not like to work on your laptop screen.

Yes switching is very common thing nowadays for peoples. You have to buy to a new monitor. Thep rice of the second monitor and cable to either VGA or DisplayPort depend on your laptop. If you are using DisplayPort, you will mostly need a DP to DVI cable as not several monitors have DisplayPort on them. If you are using DisplayPort, you will mostly need a DP to DVI cable as not several monitors have DisplayPort on them. I do this daily, except for when I upgraded to my Lenovo T410.

Hello friend you do not need total use unofficial ultramon like software. Windows is aware about it and they have some default solution available for it. So for my opinion you do not need to install Unltramon software for it. Default windows 7 works great even vista also worked for it. I also use switching of my screen when I work on long excel files. And default window 7 works very good.

1. Have you used DP port and the DVI port on Dual monitor support? I am presently using Lenovo T410 with mini DOCK and also using VGA DVI on my 2nd 20” Acer screen monitors but I have noticed a big difference in text clarity and it looks horrible with VGA cable. I have used the DVI port for monitor 1 and DP for 2nd monitor. I used DELL DP to DVI adapter single link. But not get both of them to show up. Do you have any suggestion to getting DVI and DP to work without the use of VGA for dual monitor support would be seriously valued?

I think the mini dock is a bright idea for what I need. I have a Lenovo R400 and I am thinking that the mini dock that also works for the Lenovo T400 and 410 will also work. Please accurate me if I am incorrect. And, as for the second monitor, what would you advise? It's got to be comparatively economical though as mostly I would be working with Word or PDF docs and occasionally with Google Earth and Jpeg images.