Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Core i7-620M Heat and Battery life questions

Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Core i7-620M Heat and Battery life questions

If anybody there is using the Lenovo ThinkPad X201 with the Core i7-620M processor then please, Can you answer some questions?
    1. Does this laptop gets overheated while watching 1080p movies?
    2. What is the life of battery of this laptop's 6 cell while using wifi, setting screen to medium brightness.
    3. Does cooling fan of this laptop makes noise?

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X201 Core i7-620M Heat and Battery life questions

As CPUs including Intel's latest Core i7 processors are used, which includes the Intel Graphics HD-called graphics core. Models range up to the Core i7 620M at 2.66 GHz and Turbo Boost. The X201 is relying on CPUs with normal voltage, while the ThinkPad X201s uses low-voltage CPUs. This is a little slower, but allows less effort for the cooling and the electrical power consumption is lower.

With a laptop, it is difficult to install a cooler, unless you buy a fan base. The P4 consume as more power than the AMD, and is therefore also much hotter. My proposal (as written above): you buy you should get a fan base, heat sink or a book set including the more air will pave for the fan. You also should in any case have to clean the fan and looking for viruses.

That your device is hot is not good! Understanding shall apply to any type of electronics that heat is bad for the electronic components! So also for your notebook and just because! The narrow, narrow housing of the laptop make an already difficult before adequate cooling! In your case it will almost certainly be the case that the cooling fins in the place where your fan is sitting rivers clogged with dust! This allows the fan no longer provide adequate ventilation and cooling processes is impaired! The fan with the heatsink to clean works wonders here and contributes to the prolongation of life of your notebook!

Intel gives two options for heat control. When a temperature sensors are placed at critical points of the laptop housing. These increases, however, given the need for wiring the complexity of the design. The alternative provides for measuring the radiation with infrared sensors, although they are expensive. The new technique is much more rigorous and effective, says Intel.

If you ask what causes an laptop overheat then i would say use your machine intensive, makes the hard drive, the Central Processing Unit (CPU) and video systems operate with a high capacity. If you have a lot of games not on the laptop, or run a lot of programs at once, like Photoshop or Dreamweaver, this caused the CPU to do some overtime. I am mainly Note lappy warming, when a virus scan runs. So, the harder your laptop is working, the hotter the processor will receive.

Symptoms of laptop overheating are as follows.
    1. If your laptop turns off suddenly for no reason - this often means the fail-safe system in the computer kicked in when it hits a certain temperature
    2. Blue Screen of Death "often means you have a CPU overheating problem
    3. You can check the fan to work more often and louder sound and / or stronger than normal because it attempts to cool the computer recognizes
    4. Memory Operation Error
    5. My laptop is burning hot to touch in certain areas
    6. Your laptop is running slower than usual