Thread: Lenovo T410 and Linux

Lenovo T410 and Linux

I am gonna buy a new laptop and i guess i will go for Lenovo ThinkPad T410, is there anybody who has installed Linux on this laptop. Is there any kind of issue seen on this laptop with the Linux operating system. Please give me some information about this laptop and Linux as well.

Re: Lenovo T410 and Linux

In my view a very clear warning: extremely new hardware and Linux is a highly risky combination. If you can not live with that do not work with an essential features over a longer period, then better leave it alone. You will (see here) even a few T410 owners that you can actually help with Linux. So you should own a kernel or other parts of the system and can compile patch, if not -> so. With the support of Switchable Graphics in operation in the near future is not likely. Whether and how the Intel graphics can turn really is still the question.

I really want to minus F12 new Lenovo T410 install. Boot Menu comes neatly. when a selection is made the following happens. You can see that the kernel and initrd to load / extract. Then the kernel properly loaded, but when you first install screen you normally see it, I get only a black screen. VESA driver with the same result. Is there a way to give him only in text mode install? I had read something that you need to add text linux but this is exactly the same result

Can you launch the installer Either text from the full install DVD or the livecd: From the DVD boot screen, press ESC, then type 'text' at the boot prompt. From the LiveCD, press Tab at the boot screen, delete 'rhgb' and add 'textinst ". The livecd installer will not allow Any package selection since it uncompresses just a premade squashed filesystem. However You Can Quite Easily make your own livecd using the livecd-tools package and add a minimal number of packages.

I suggest you to just make sure that you are installing the driver properly and you have a proper drivers for your linux operating system. Then there should not be any problem with regarding the sound or anything else. I think you should reinstall all the drivers on your system which may solve this problem.