Thread: Disassemble LG S1 for cleaning

Disassemble LG S1 for cleaning

Hi friend I am using LG S1 laptop from last one month and its performance is also good for my office works. But form some days my laptop keyboard is not working properly. Yesterday I was trying to repair or clean it. I saw some hairs in side it and I know there is lots of hairs inside it and my laptop fan has stopped working due these hairs. The same thing happen to my brother’s laptop and he paid almost $80 to make his keyboard clean. I know removing the LG S1 keyboard which worked awesome. i have already open out it but now I am not able to figure out that how to make it inside. If anybody have help please tell me.

Re: Disassemble LG S1 for cleaning

Hi friend! I am also using the same laptop from last six moths and I have not seen these kind of problems and my laptop keyboard also works fine. But I always care about my laptop and avoid it from dust and all other part. I have not open my laptop at all . I just remove the upper part and use a good vacuum to stuck out all the dust and hairs. And I am very happy to see that some also using the marvelous LG S1 laptop.

Hello friend I am also using the same laptop from last 1 year and in start it was working very fine. But nowadays I use it for gaming also and it gets overheating. So my problem is little bit different form your keyboard. LG services recommended me to clean laptop fan from dust in every 4-5 months to avoid it from overheating. When its start overheating it gets shutdown. I do not know what is the exact problem may be problem with motherboard. I this so my motherboard has some problem. I am using LG S1 and motherboard is Intel 945 PM express chipset.

Hello friend I am using this same LG S1 laptop form last 3 year and I know it’s very good laptop. There is one kind of service manual for the S1 out there. You can download it form LG website. I have that on manual on my hard disk. After three years my laptop has started giving me overheating problem with very normal work also. I took my old S1 and went to LG service center. I told them to clean this and make it work again. They took some time and I found that there was lots of dust and hairs stuck in my laptop. But now it’s working fine and no overheating issue.