Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP g62 laptop problems

HP g62 laptop problems

It been several days since I bought my new laptop HP G62-a50sf: This is a pretty fast laptop running under Windows 7, and very fast on ubuntu 10.04. However I encountered some problems post-installation (WiFi, sound (alsa) and these problems have been happily resolved, I will detail these solutions also soon on the forums that are compatible across the range HP G62 and G72). There's just one problem, but slightly annoying, I can not see my battery charge. Please help.

Re: HP g62 laptop problems

If you put on battery and only after you put on your industry and that battery is completely discharged, it is not expected to systematically removed for recharging, immediately removed the. Let me explain if you used admettont 30% and that after you put on industry, and you expect it resets to 100% to remove, c as if you reloaded the whole time, final type of application will use the battery even when you remove it after. Mildly or moderately discharged battery> removed the dice setting sector, battery below 25%> let load then remove once loaded battery charge and need to move.

We must realize that a laptop battery completely empty deteriorates much faster. The first rule to follow is to avoid at all costs to complete discharge of the battery of his laptop, remember to reboot your computer before the 5% remaining. This is also valid for mobile phones (reload it before it goes out!). Second reflex to take to optimize the life of the battery of his laptop: try to avoid exposing the unit to heat, cold, humidity. The battery is composed of chemical elements, they bear very little about these conditions. We note also that most often in winter than the autonomy of mobile devices is the lowest.

Consider the quality of laptop power you buy or order from an online provider. Be interested in particular for power delivery. It is advisable to retain the brands that meet required specifications without overheating. You can enjoy before ordering tests by experts such as Hardware.fr sites. Particular attention should be paid to the sleeve and the catch SATA or PCI Express formats and connectors. On average, their autonomy decline from six months of use. It is important to ensure that the temperature of a battery does not exceed 50 ° and loading and unloading cycles are not continuous. It is advisable to occasionally unplug the AC adapter.

i have bought hp g62 two months ago
    core i3 2 gb ram
    i have problems with wifi and sound when using internet
    also blue screen comes with code below...
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 1000007e
    BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
    BCP2: FFFFF80002CDDFFF
    BCP3: FFFFF88003380A78
    BCP4: FFFFF880033802D0
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\102511-14586-01.dmp
    C:\Users\saadi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38532-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

please please please anyone help me....
    Last edited by zeeshan mughal; 01-11-2011 at 01:26 PM.

i have done windows 2 to 3 times but the problem persists...
    also brightness automatically increases and decreases and this is making me very annoying

what should i do..????

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan mughal View Post
    i have done windows 2 to 3 times but the problem persists...
    also brightness automatically increases and decreases and this is making me very annoying

what should i do..????
    Which operating system have you installed in your HP g62 laptop? It could be also that the wireless drivers or modem drivers might be causing the bsod. so just try to update them or just uninstall and install the most current from the manufacturers website. You can also test the ram sticks that is installed on memtest and see if it gives any kind of error.

the operating system is windows 7 ultimate 64bit
    oka i will check the RAM and then i see if any problem is there or not

but what about this brightness problem it automatically dims and increases

what i should do...???
    Last edited by zeeshan mughal; 03-11-2011 at 11:38 AM.

I think that there are some screens that adjust the backlight brightness depending on the content of the screen - the idea is to "fake" a greater contrast range with whiter whites and (particularly) blacker blacks. You can try going to BIOS setting to disable this feature if incase it is present in there.

hi now this problem comes with a blue screen...
    what does this e4 means...........
    so worried....so many problems for hp g62..
    i bought it 3 months earlier........
    please anyone helps me...........

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: e4
    BCP1: 0000000000000001
    BCP2: FFFFFA80027922E0
    BCP3: 0000000000000001
    BCP4: 0000000000000000
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\120911-16894-01.dmp
    C:\Users\saadi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44444-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

zeeshan mughal,

Which windows operating system have you installed in your hp? You might need the system repair disc to repair the your windows os. Check this following guide on creating system repair disc and repair your system - Create a system recovery disk in Windows 7

hi i had many problems in my hp g62 but all of them have been sorted out to an extent .... now a days i am facing another problem ... the charging light turns white during charging even when charging is not completed and when i hower the mouse to the battery option on desktop it says "plugged in, not charging "...and after sometime that the charging light turns orange and it starts charging but sometimes i have to connect and disconnect my charger many times ... also its producing too much heat ... even when i turn it on and play some movie it starts becomming hot and battery time decreases too ...
    Anyone here who can help me ...
    please i am too much worried ...its 9 month old laptop ...

I think that you will either have to test the battery or the AC adaptor that is need to charge the battery. Both or anyone of them can have problem and hence you will require to replace it accordingly. Also, since it is a new laptop bought by you, so you still have warranty claim over it and you can ask hp for laptop repair or replacement.

i have checked the battery through HP SUPPORT ASSISTANCE and it says battery is normal ...also i have used other chargers and same thing happens of white light ... also laptop becomes too hot and it hangs ...
    please suggest me what should i do ...

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan mughal View Post
    i have checked the battery through HP SUPPORT ASSISTANCE and it says battery is normal ...also i have used other chargers and same thing happens of white light ... also laptop becomes too hot and it hangs ...
    please suggest me what should i do ...
    Do you play heavy games a lot on your machine because I have found out that if you game a lot on this machine then your laptop will get overheated because this HP G62 laptop has low class GPU. HP also uses crap thermal paste on their video graphics chip and on the stock compound cpu as well. Hence it will be good if you can, or give it to some professional to check for internal cleaning of the laptop.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast