Thread: How to play movies with Nexus Q app

How to play movies with Nexus Q app

I have been trying to play movies with Nexus Q app but I am not able to do so. I have downloaded and installed Nexus Q app on my phone but when I am trying to stream any videos then it does not get past spinning circle. After spinning for some while it gives an error message saying there was some issue. I don’t know what’s wrong with it. is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out with a solution???

Re: How to play movies with Nexus Q app

I just wanted to know have you tried rebooting your Nexus Q? if not then give it a try and see if that works out for you. If not then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Nexus Q app on your phone. If this thing does not make any difference in your case then you can try running the Nexus Q app in some other phone and check out if it is working there or not. Just try out what I have suggested and let me know the result you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

I have tried rebooting the Nexus Q several times but that’s not making any difference in my case. Other than this I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Nexus Q app and have tried using it in other phone as well but I am getting the same response. The circle keeps spinning and I am not able to see videos. Can there be something wrong with Nexus Q? is there anything else that I need to check or anything that I can try out further to get the movies played?? Is there any trick to play it?? I don’t think I am missing out anything as I have followed what was mentioned in the manual. If there is any trick and anyone is aware of it then please share it here. It will be highly appreciative, thanks in advance.

I will suggest you to do a factory data reset manually and check out if you are getting luck with it. I am not sure if it will make any difference in your case or not but you can give it a try in such condition.
    1. First Unplug the Nexus Q and plug it again and wait for Ring LED to light up.
    2. When Ring LED lights up then keep your palm over the single LED on top, keep your palm like that until the ring LED stops flashing red and starts circling blue.
    3. Now after that the LED will pulse purple to notify you that it is restoring itself to factory data. When the process gets completed Nexus Q will reboot.

Just give it a try and let us know if that helps, best of luck.

Which phone are you using?? Have you made sure that you are having a compatible router? Hope you are not having one amongst these:

Actiontec/Qwest
    GT724WGR
    M1000
    W1000
    PK5000

Belkin
    F7D4301
    F7D4302

Netgear
    WNDR3700

These routers have been found to be problematic with Nexus Q. So cross check it and make sure that you are not having any one from them.