Thread: Monitor ICC Profile (color management)

Monitor ICC Profile (color management)

I am a professional photographer and i have created an ICC color profile for my screen under windows XP but i did the same on Windows Vista then it did not worked. Actually i am facing an issue with the color management settings. I have seen it in the help menu but the profile is set as default for my monitor, There is no option for change in color rendering. Any help?

Re: Monitor ICC Profile (color management)

It is necessary to retrieve the correct profile of the camera. A good solution is to retrieve profiles from Bibble Pro in its freely downloadable trial version (which we do) and including the ICC profiles of the most popular cameras. Furthermore, these profiles functioning particularly well with digiKam. It is possible to retrieve profiles from another source, such as DPP for Canon cameras. A list of some matches profiles of DPP with Canon cameras is available here.

I know that you can do it by using the DPP but i would like to show about one drawback of DPP profiles. They do not allow you to enhance the gamma of an image, actually they are linear profiles (which certainly makes them usable in 8bits). This application therefore modify very strongly the gamma retrospectively to address the low lights. Finally, rendering is not ideal.

An ICC profile is a digital file of a particular format (extensions. Icc and. Icm) describing how a computer device restores the color . This type of file has been created by the International Color Consortium (ICC) to allow professionals to desktop publishing to control the colors throughout the graphics chain. The spectrophotometer allows the measurement of colors displayed successively on the screen, and record the coordinates L * a * b * returned. The display profile is thus the link between RGB and L * a * b *.

First of all put your saved ICC profile in the directory " C:\windows\system32\spool\drivers\color\ " then right click your desktop. Switch to the 'Personalize -> display parameters -> advanced parameters -> color management tab. Here you have to check 'use my parameters for this peripheral'. Click on an 'Add', choose the saved ICC profile and then set it as default profile. Click on the 'Advanced' tab in the peripheral profile, select the saved ICC profile, click 'OK'.

1. Here is how to determine the profile used by Bibble Pro. You must first have a RAW file is created with the camera focused. In my example, it will be a *. cr2 taken with my Canon EOS 400D.
    2. Download and install Bibble Pro (freely downloadable at the following URL: Bibble Pro ).
    3. Installing inotify-tools (we need the command "inotifywatch).
    4. Run the following command in a terminal (which will be monopolized for the moment):
    5. inotifywatch /usr/lib/bibblelabs/bibblepro/profiles/*.icm
    6. This command allows you to monitor what are the *. icm Bibble to be used in the next step.
    7. Start Bibble Pro, and open the RAW file in editing (viewing of the thumbnail is not enough) by double-clicking on the image. That's all, Bibble Pro can now be left.