Thread: Upgrade screen on BB G73JH?

Upgrade screen on BB G73JH?

I have bought one laptop two months ago. I am happy with its work performance for my office work. But sometime time I found that its screen is not so good for movies and games. Its resolution is just 1600X900. I want to upgrade its screen. My laptop model is Asus BB G73H. I want to upgrade its screen to the 1900x1080 resolution. I found the screen congfig from a website which is : Size -17.3-inch widescreen (15.5"x8.98") Resolution: WUXGA (1920x1080) Full HD , Backlight type: LED. I just want to know that is it easy to replace it or I have to made some kind of modification before it.

Re: Upgrade screen on BB G73JH?

Since company has explained that this new screen is actually for G73 then it will have the right connectors and cable links. And it will not give you any hard problem. I think so if you are not happy with your screen then you should go for the screen up gradation. I have already replaced my laptop screen. But just keep one thing in your mind that avoids upgrading screen by yourself. Go at the service center and keep patience and they will do it better then you without any problem
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I know that it will void the laptop screen, but not too bothered about that feature at this time. I have replaced LCD screens on my earlier laptops also, but generally for the same one that initially or originality came with it. Sometime its gives problem but that is under control. I know the screen 5870 can manage higher resolution but still I am curious that will it work fine with my laptop or there is anything else which I have to made with my laptop?

Hi friend I was also searching with the same issue of screen for my laptop. Changing screen of your laptop can void its warranty. And normally if you connect it with your laptop it will not create any problem or issue with it. But the hardware installation is very difficult and tedious. Because to connect screen with laptop you have to connect lots of cables and wire. You'd have to refill the driver probably. Other than that, doubt here's much else you'd need to do.

I have some other suggestion available for you dear. If you really want better resolution on your screen then you should give them one chance. 1080Pixel Screen is HannStar HSD173PUW1 which is the same screen which can you get from Sager NP8760 or Celvo W870CU laptops. What I know, sager and celvo laptops peoples are saying that their screen resolution is very good. You have to pay little bit more but you will get better performance.

I am using AUO B173RW01 in my Asus G73 laptop and its best model from my side but its screen quality is very bad. The color reproduction is acceptable but some other angels like vertical viewing is very bad and truly irritating. The kicker is the hesitant on dark, blacks and grays, in addition to this creepy flickering of edges when I move windows diagonally the screen and actually it’s very hard to explain here. The LCD do not suffer such issues but I am do not that I am using it in proper ways or not? If there is genuine way to upgrade or change the screen of my laptop then please tell me here

One of my friends was also facing the same problem with his Asus laptop screen and now he has solved that issue. He took some suggestion form internet and solved his problem. I thought that I have something that will work for your problem. I have two suggestion and both are listed for Asus G72 which I thought will work for you. But both screens are 1600x900 and no one has 1920x1080 screens. But they are e made by LG manufacture and my friend has no complain. So you should try with these. To see these screen go the website of LG screen manufacturer