Thread: Buying WWAN (Dell Wireless 5530) for E6400?

Buying WWAN (Dell Wireless 5530) for E6400?

Currently I am having E6400 and I am thinking of purchasing the Dell wireless 5530. I am having the idea related to the installation but only if it is coming with the extra antenna. One more thing that I need to know that I am not having the idea my Dell E6400 is having external antenna or not. Is there any way to find that thing? So I need suggestions related to that and also want to know that are there any problem related to this thing.

Re: Buying WWAN (Dell Wireless 5530) for E6400?

If you are having Dell E6400 and want to buy this Dell wireless 5530 card then there is no problem with that. This Dell E6400 is designed in such a way that you can use this card without any problem. You just need to insert that card in to WWAN slot and after that you have to use the cables that are connected near that slot. After that you just need to install the software for this thing on you system and you are ready to go.

I use my Dell 5530 Wireless Adapter UMTS already for a while without problems. Now I have changed my sim card and have the following problem: After I started my system (Windows 7 x64) is the Dell Control Point under the "Mobile Broadband" only initialization. This also does not disappear. When I go to network status details, it shows with -51 dBm at signal. Therefore, I suspect that he has found something. In my previous sim card he had found after about 20 seconds and the network was up and running. All drivers and applications are up to date the thing that attracted my attention at the Sim Card: The contact area on the back is much greater than in the previous sim card. Did anyone ever possibly get this problem?

It will be better if you try to uninstall the drivers completely and then go down the computer. Once the computer boots up again it will try to install the device drivers and give it to the new drivers. (Without sim card please) you should have loaded it, also try again to load a firmware update on Dell and install them as well. It could be that the 7-bit Win 64 because event not play, or the drivers for this card for 64 bit too old.

My UMTS card gives me a little headache. I use a data card from O2 in an Active Data L contract. With a dial-up connection and UMTS card as a modem the Internet connection is working properly. But if I try to connect the Dell Connection Manager to set up, then I fail always - though I can enter there even the O2 APN "Internet", resulting in the dial-up connection is not possible.

I am also in the similar situation, the Dell Wireless 5530 3G/HSDPA Built-picking up in mini-card. I would like to use it with a Relax 100 XL tariff from T-Mobile. Does the card with T-Mobile and can be easily set up everything with the Dell Connection Manager? Do I need additional software / drivers from T-Mobile? I will be waiting for the related reply.

The card provider is used independently, so it has no sim-lock, or net-lock, so you can use with each of the mobile network. As for the establishment, I can tell you anything, I use Vodafone and therefore the software from Vodafone, which among others also supports the internal laptop cards and that's no problem. There are at or are in the DELL laptops.

WWAN for Dell E6400?

Hi all, i bought a new dell e6400, i want to know if it has a WWAN card.
    what do i need to do?

please help

After getting through the specification of the laptop I found that this laptop has a support for WWAN. It is a nice laptop with A webcam, Ethernet controllers, WiFi, Bluetooth, FireWire and HSPA support. If you are facing connection issue then you might need to check your card activation status. Most of the time due to low network or invalid sim card the wwan does not work.