Thread: ThinkPad X201 vs Sony Vaio Z

ThinkPad X201 vs Sony Vaio Z

I am using my Lenovo Thinkpad laptop for special effects processing and recently I checked that a new model with the X201 with a new processor has been released which is faster than what I am having right now. So, I am looking to exchange my laptop back with 20% restocking fee but I was thinking whether I should return this or get another model laptop. So, I researched a bit and found another Sony Vaio Z model laptop. Right now I am confused which laptop should I go for? Thanks

Re: ThinkPad X201 vs Sony Vaio Z

Well, incase you are looking to upgrade to a better processor then you should get the Lenovo x201 which is the best available at the moment and I would also take it right away. I am also seeing for the first time anyone getting out of the re-stocking fee of late. You should also take a look into a rider on your renters insurance which might cover the theft also in addition to accidents and repairs. Also you can easily stop and start coverage any time you want.

Re: ThinkPad X201 vs Sony Vaio Z

I think that it depends on your priorities. Incase you like to go for function then the Thinkpad will be the winner. But if you like the form factor then you should probably get the Sony which is the best. There are many people who over estimate their processor needs. I have read that laptop usage does not push the CPU that much. Also, you should note that the i7 processor most of the time runs hot, which makes it difficult on your cooling system like getting more fan noise which will be rather annoying.

You should use what you want to use but most of the people who have purchased Thinkpads are not only looking to go for the features but they also want to go for robustness in their laptop which the Sony laptop is not going to offer in abundance. Most of the large corporation do not use Sony laptops for a reason and there is also a reason why Sony is not a tier one laptop company as well.