Thread: Motorola Q sync problems

Motorola Q sync problems

I have got my Motorola Q mobile phone and i want to ask you guys that how can i sync my phone with the computer system. I am having Windows 7 operating system on my computer system. There was no problem for synchronizing this phone with the Vista system. Actually it gets connected on windows 7 and then again gets disconnected after just a few seconds.

Re: Motorola Q sync problems

The Motorola Q has the ability to synchronize via USB or Bluetooth to a Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange Server database on Windows Mobile Device Center in Windows Vista or Microsoft ActiveSync in Windows XP and below, allowing the user, contacts, email, tasks to the Motorola Q to sync and calendar appointments. Microsoft Office files can be synchronized, but the supports of the Windows Mobile only, which they read and edit them.

As with most smartphones, an automatic fault reporting function to enable the user. Q Some users had found a small disturbance with the first version of the Q, which was sold exclusively by Verizon. The disorder showed that freeze after some time while the phone was in use, which happened when text messaging / phone calls or Internet together, the phone would be for a few minutes. Motorola and Microsoft discovered the problem through the fault reporting service and now offer an update that you can find by Motorola.com. The update repairs the fault and resets the phone.

Amendments to Exchange ActiveSync: You will find below how to change information such as user name, password, domain name or the items to synchronize when the application Exchange ActiveSync has been configured.
    1. Press Start.
    2. Scroll to and select ActiveSync.
    3. Press Menu (right softkey).
    4. Scroll and select Configure Server.
    5. Make any required changes to the server address (if applicable), then press Next.
    6. Make any required amendments to the username, the password and domain name, then select (or not) the option to save the password and press Next.
    7. Make any required changes to the data you want to synchronize.
    8. Press Done (left softkey).