Thread: HP DV 4 Overheating/Shutting itself off

HP DV 4 Overheating/Shutting itself off

I am having a small number of problems by means of my laptop. This is a substitute laptop for my terrible dv2000 series. I got it in April and encompass had some sort of tribulations ever in view of the fact that. It’s not dreadful, this is not a complain fest or no matter which, I was immediately looking for why it is happening. In view of the fact that I got it, I have encompassed and had tribulations by means of the heat and by means of startup constanding doing some chkdsk thing. I have speed fan downloaded and I encompass by no means seen the temperature beneath 65 and it frequently runs at least in the mid 70s and it is not rare that the temperatures stay in the 90s.

Re: HP DV 4 Overheating/Shutting itself off

I spoke by means of HP service for the 2nd time in view of the fact that I got it and they decided to send it in for repairs. The problem presently is that it gets so hot that it immediately shuts itself off and it takes at least 30 minutes previous to it determine to productively reboot the entire in excess of again. The tech hold up an maintain person had be do a bios flash, and they attempted to run a HD scan thing at start up other than the system would not complete the procedure without overheating. They decided to send it in, additional than did not tell me what they were going to repair/fix. I guess I am immediately extremely frustrated b/c this is my second system within a year and a half to encompass this overheating and crashing troubles.

I presently own a HP DV4 1275mx laptop. I have comprised and had it in view of the fact that April 2009. This is a product substitute for my DV2000 that had the terrible nvidia chip and left this world. It merely lasted 9 months. Here are my problems (I do say they are near the beginning recognizable) Its freaking hot as a volcano. So hot that I be able to hardly utilize my touchpad mouse without it hurting my fingers. I consideration I was immediately being paranoid when I first got it in view of the fact that my last one got hot and then out of nowhere immediately died. So, I downloaded speed fan a small number of months ago once it started to actually be anxious me.

The temps variety from at the lowest 65C and determine to get up to 105C. I called HP hold up or maintain right away (3 months ago) they ran BIOS updates and the entire of that and sent me on my joyous method. Well at present it likes to immediately shut itself off (I am assuming a fill safe so it does not carry up on me). It takes a superior a small number of minutes and at least 3 or 4 tries to get it to boot up the entire the technique the entire in excess of again. Called HP the entire in excess of again, ran the similar updates and some diagnostics that my computer might not even get from side to side without overheating. They are having me send it in for repair.

I guess I am immediately wondering what the heck I am able to do to not encompass to replace a motherboard each few months. It’s extremely exasperating. I feel affection for my HP when it is not burning my fingers additional than I am in graduate school and utilize my system continuously and cannot immediately be waiting approximately for service repairs the entire the time. And yes, I always utilize on hard surface and most of the time utilizes a cooler. Thanks so much for several advice or moral hold up or maintain you are able to present me.

You have to send it in, there's not much in addition to do regarding it. Next time you have to purchase a larger laptop, the ones by means of 17" screen seem to administer heat well. The majority probable your cooling vents and heat sink filled by means of dust get a be able to of compressed air and bluster that dust out and observe what occurs immediately maintain sending it in until they fix it. Ultimately they determine to have to replace it subsequent to 3 tries of hardware replacement.

Then perhaps you might satisfactorily ask you are case manager to switch to a dissimilar size or model in view of the fact that you have had tribulations by means of it. That's almost certainly the most excellent method to go at this point. It does take time and endeavor on the phone, other than worth the innovative laptop you get. If they cannot fix it, which most probable they would not cause their repair facility/employees do not do a enormous job. Plus they determine to scratch up you are laptop.