Thread: HP DV7 second hard drive problem

HP DV7 second hard drive problem

I immediately placed a second hard drive in my pavilion notebook. At the same time as placing the drive, I become aware of that there was no metal plate to protect my drive to the chassis, despite the obtainable extension slot and screw holes. Let me iterate that my one-year warranty I immediately run out and that the hardware substitute physical states that there is an supplementary hard drive slot, something which I confirmed by means of my own eyes. There are in addition no tribulations by means of the function of the hard drive. What I would similar to be familiar with is where to locate this securing plate. Are there several computer hardware shops that sell these.

Re: HP DV7 second hard drive problem

You be able to create certain on Ebay. That's where you purchased a caddy for your friends DV7-1020US and a caddy+adapter for my DV9930US. Here are dozens there particularly get the one for the dv7-1000 sequence; it has no connector. The SATA interface on the drive plugs unswervingly into the motherboard connectors. The entire additional models necessitate a connector as well as a caddy.

For this I immediately done a Google search for "dv7 caddy", you determine to locate them at a superior cost. Make a note of if you encompass a dv7-1130e, then you be supposed to look for a caddy for the dv7-1000 series. The -2000 and -3000 series caddies are dissimilar. At the moment purchased a innovative dv7-2180us to replace my 5 year previous zv5000 that was/is having power tribulations. I desire to take the hard drive from the zv5000 and place it as a 2nd hard drive in the innovative laptop (primarily for the reason that I do not desire to have to struggle to maintain the old one turned on long sufficient to transfer the files). Is it probable to do this, and if so do I necessitate anything extra to mount the drive.

I determined to encompass a dv7-3060us notebook almost immediately and I would similar to be familiar with how be able to I add a 320GB SATA hard drive into a 2nd bay. This hard drive used to be in my old Dell laptop. Do I necessitate some cables for that or determine to the innovative laptop come by means of a necessary cable for a supplementary hard drive. The second hard drive kit determines to not be delivered by means of the laptop unless you order it by means of 2 hard drives.

I would pronounce that if you get the immediately 500GB then its one drive and the additional slot is empty. If you go by means of the 500GBx2 alternative they give you two 500GB in RAID0 (as the size is 1TB). Individually, unless you necessitate the RAID0 speed, most excellent to moreover reinstall in RAID1 or immediately encompass 2 separate drives as C and D. Of inferior quality case is that you immediately have encompass to remove/change a drive in future if it does not come by means of what you be expecting. Why not chat by means of someone from HP online. I have completed it by means of an old laptop that was out of warranty and they gave me some helpful advice.

If you give the impression of being at the user physical it indicates there are two drive doors. There is more often than not a carrier you would encompass to purchase independently on HP laptop, if the second drive bay is vacant. The part numeral is 516350-001 for the brackets, connector cable, mylar cover by means of table and four rubber feet. The aftermarket drive would be cheaper than alternative two. You determine to have to make convinced the height of the drive determine to permit it to fit in the drive bay.