Thread: How to Changing from CCFL to LED display backlight

How to Changing from CCFL to LED display backlight

I am having an original inverter which has enough brightness. It uses 330mA@15.9V. In order to enhance the battery hours, I am looking forward to change this display screen from CCFL to LED. Can you guys help me to know that how can i install LED light. Please help me to do the same and it would be better if you can give step by step information.

Re: How to Changing from CCFL to LED display backlight

Disconnect AC from unit from your laptop. Take out rubber tabs to depict assembly screws. cautiously remove faceplate from lcd panel assembly. Take out LCD panel frame screws. Move to and fro LCD panel from back casing toward keyboard. Detach the LCD panel from the power inverter. Detach the ribbon kind of type connection from CPU to LCD panel. Confiscate LCD Panel. Take out adhesive foil to discharge CCFL housing. Now remove CCFL bulb is watchfully from housing CCFL. Disconnect the wiring from old CCFL bulb. You can go reverse in order to attach new LED bulb.

I suggest you not to do this replacement on your own as this job seems to be the simple but when you will do any mistake while doing it then you wont be knowing that where you have got mistaken. And it would be hard to know that your screen wont work after you the replacement. So it would be better to give it to some store where they do this work professionally. You may watch him doing it.

The screen backlight CCFL inverter always need a high voltage to power the bulb in the middle of the screen. LED screens use LEDs to illuminate the screen. Most LED displays today require both an inverter and reverse these two types are completely different. UPS LED screens are attached to the bottom of the screen. A CCFL (also known as "single backlight) - has been and remains the most popular type of backlight notebook screens. The screen contains a light bulb on and a pair of young son and ended with UPS white connector that plugs into the inverter board.

Two CCFL (also known as "dual backlight") - contains 2 bulbs, has two pairs of cables and UPS UPS 2 connectors. This type of backlight is less popular than one-CCFL and is used in notebook panels with a size of 15.4 inches and larger. LED is the new type of backlight of the screen that uses less energy (which equals the life of the battery), does not heat as much as CCFL screen function, and is thinner and lighter. Power LED screens backlight is provided in one of three ways: by video connection through a flat cable or through an inverter attached. Also note that in the LED displays of various resolutions of video connector can be completely different.