Thread: Problem with Scrolling on acer aspire 5517

Problem with Scrolling on acer aspire 5517

Friends, I have bought the brand new Acer Aspire 5517. All the things was working fine for 15 days but after that when I try to do something else immediately after scrolling the page then it let the page also drag with the cursor. It works fine if I wait for few seconds after scrolling the page. But I don’t want to do that. I have ALPS touchpad driver installed in my computer. I am not able to use the scrolling part of the touchpad.

I think it is a driver problem. Can anybody give any suggestion for this problem? Thank you.

Re: Problem with Scrolling on acer aspire 5517

This issue can also be created if there is less scrolling area provided on touchpad. There is a setting for this and you can change the scrolling width of the touchpad and increase it according to your need. You can go to touchpad/mouse setting and see the properties of it. There should be a setting for changing the scrolling width on touchpad.

Why are you bothering for the setting. I think mouse is the best to control the scrolling and other things. It is also comfortable in hand. According to me you should get a mouse and make sure that it is a branded one otherwise you may get some other problem. I can not deal with touchpad therefore I am using a USB mouse and you should also try it but only if you don't have any problem in carrying the mouse with you.

As you told I bought a Microsoft USB mouse. And when I used that I found that the issue is gone and the scrolling is working fine. I don’t have any problem to carry that mouse with me. That mouse looks pretty sweet and I love its design. But then also I want you to provide solution for this problem because there may be some people who are having the same problem but they don’t want to use mouse.

By the way thank you very much for your suggestion.

I think this is the issue created by the driver. Your driver may not be functioning properly. If you want my suggestion then you have to upgrade your driver. Uninstall the driver for touchpad and reinstall it. Reboot your system and see whether the problem is solved or not. If not then you can also download the latest driver for touchpad and install it. This will definitely fox your problem.

This is very hearting issue because I was also suffering from the same problem. I tried many things to solve this but that did not work. You can search on the mouse setting and there must be some setting to fix this. Go to start > Control panel (switch it to classic view). There you will see the mouse icon. Click on that and at the bottom of the first tab. You will find the options for that, set the default setting.

As you told that you have bought it recently and I am sure that they must have given some warranty for it and it is in warranty period. If you are getting such problem then you can go to the dealer directly and ask for replacement and they will definitely help you. If they are not helping you then you can directly visit Acer site and contact them for replacement.